Thursday, May 2, 2019

The situation in Venezuela is fascinating.  Albeit, brutal, sad and unacceptable, but still quite engaging.  Because of the players.  Cuba, Russia and China. It appears to me that Venezuela - Maduro specifically - is a puppet for Putin.  I mean it's late and I'm not going into all of that here, but if you are following the news, you can see the volatility of the situation and the potential for a bloody war. A coup attempt is already underway, I'm just following this stuff as the news comes out about it.  Lots of video.  I see the citizens of that nation having nothing to lose in backing a coup attempt.

Now then.  I could have stayed at the Marriott again last night - the information that a trailer was coming last night late? Was erroneous.  I stayed up until around 10:00 pm - well after the stated time for the truck to bring the trailer into the yard down there. I could have asked for a hotel at that late hour - I can do that at 3:00 am if I want to, but I decided to just go to sleep in the truck. I kind of regretted that this morning after sitting there waiting until 11:00 am for the truck to finally arrive. I could have had a nice, hot breakfast and a shower.

Well I finally found the info on Care Credit.  Took a while. If I don't pay that off before May 28, they will take another $1,300 in interest back on to the account. That's a lot of money! I paid off the big amount today and will finish the other one when it comes due.  Just fortifies my decision to take out a low interest loan versus letting them tack all that interest back onto the account.  And I've done it early so in case they do - something - to not apply it, I will have time to contest it.

As for today, I have very little motivation to do anything. I've been out of my room for many days and out of the house even longer, with only a couple of visits that were short in nature.

Whatever the case, I'm watching the Barr testimony - current on lunch break - with fascination.  Democrats are vapidly attempting to find something, anything, to back Barr into a corner.  Some  Democrat senators took some snipes at him - but I expect that anymore. They don't know how to be civil, they just know that he must be hiding something and therefore, they can take whatever jabs they want to because the end justifies the means and they are on the "moral high road".

I'm not sure how much longer it's going to go on for, but I intend to watch all of it.  Mostly because I intend to do nothing else.  Besides eat lunch lol.

I have no idea when I'll be sent out again, is the basis for my not wanting to do anything. If it's tomorrow, a full day to sit around and do nothing seems warranted.  Still looking at boats, I would go get one today if I thought there was anything worth going and looking at.  But the nearest one that looks appealing is 95 miles away, driving that far is definitely not on any agenda I have.  I'm waiting for something to pop up within 40 miles give or take.













No comments:

 Tuesday mid-morning My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to th...