Sunday, July 14, 2019

I'm worn out.  It's been go go go for weeks now.  I finally get a 34 hour reset - today and tomorrow off. I got back to the yard earlier at 8:00 am, so I basically have all day today and tomorrow to rest.  I just got home, but I could literally go to sleep for several hours and since it's Sunday, I will definitely be taking that afternoon nap. 

Vacation coming up in 5 days.  After this reset, I'm hoping but not expecting a good 3 day run to help offset having 4 days off.  I don't expect anything good anymore from this company because this company is jacked up, they don't know what they are doing, they are just a big corporation that is full of people with swelled heads who think they know better than everyone else.  I heard another driver's story of "it's our way or the highway" take it or leave it s*** yesterday.  He said he was pushing at the verge of leaving - but he wants to stay in the hazmat tanker business and the other carriers aren't paying as much as we do.

So he said. But if you take all these crappy runs that are forced on us, our pay is going down to likely where those other carrier's pay is.  It doesn't "even out" among drivers.  A few select individuals magically hit the jackpot every time they go out.  They must be really lucky or - something else.  I'm guessing the latter. 

I came home to a deserted house. The vehicles are in the driveway, my dogs were in my bedroom - I left them home this time - but  no one home? Is it possible they are still sleeping at 10:30 am?  I guess it is, but those kids never sleep in this late.  I tried texting Taylor but have as of yet to receive a reply.  Whatever the case, I think I'm going to turn on the TV, find a decent movie and watch it until I fall asleep. 

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...