Saturday, July 6, 2019

Well, that was irritating.  Number one, I woke up at 1:00 am and never was able to get back to sleep - and at this point in time rather cranky and irritable unfortunately.

Then, leaving the house at 4:30 am, I arrive at work to - the trailer that I was supposed to take not being there.  I spent over an hour and a half trying to call my manager.  Nope, she never answered.  So,  I took a trailer I know is good for Brownsville and went over to the loading rack.

During that time, another manager replied to me but she didn't know about what was going to happen.  Because, just before I was to pull up to load the trailer, my manager finally calls back. That's over 2 hours, 30 phone calls trying to get a hold of her.

At first she said, ohhh, trying to figure out if they will accept that trailer down there. But all of a sudden, her memory returned to her. Ohh, that load canceled yesterday! She went on to making her excuses as to why she forgot to text or call me that information.  I bit my tongue.  But pulllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee spare me the excuses.  At least she apologized eventually after going through all of that. 

I was exhausted.  I still am.  And I've tried to sleep and I just can't do it right now.  I got home - James and Taylor gone.  I texted Taylor - please turn off the alarm so i can go in the house : )  She did and I ended up explaining her the whole story above. They did a spur of the moment thing - which is really good they did for once - and took off to Hot Springs, Arkansas this morning.  I didn't know anything about it, but then again, they aren't accountable to me lol.  They took the kids with them - the grandparents don't live that far from there, they are going to meet them, take the kids and husband and wife are going to have some alone time in a cool place. 

The plus for me? It was actually a good thing I didn't have to drive clear down there today - excepting the fact there are no trailers down there and likely not to be until Monday. Which would have given me at least 2 days worth of detention pay. But I'm so tired right now, I would have been miserable forcing myself to stay awake for 10-1/2 hours of driving.  I can do it, don't get me wrong. Have done it for decades, but it isn't pleasant. 

I can't sleep right now, I tried and I'm just in some funk.  It'll hit me later an I'll crash.  The other plus is that I have the entire house to myself. No kids crying and screaming, just peace and quiet. 

My manager has informed me that I will be going on the same run - tomorrow - same early load. 

So what am I doing today? Nothing.  Watching movies and shows that I have recorded on my DVR.

And with that, offa here. 











No comments:

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...