Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Long day?  Yeah, sort of.
I got up at 3:30 am to get out of that truckstop I had been sitting at all day and get through Houston before rush hour.
I made it through 610 west - if you can believe that - without any problem excepting one accident that only slowed us all down a little for a couple of minutes. Other than that, it was free sailing through there.  My intention was to get south of Houston and then I could take a nap. 

Just was very tired, 6 hours of sleep will do that. 

Fast forward to arriving in Brownsville. My heart sank when I saw an empty trailer sitting there. Ohhh nooooo!  Oh well, I thought, I'll just hook up, drive a few hours back up North - I only had 3 hours left to drive anyway - and then call it an early day somewhere, probably around Victoria, Texas.  But wait! I decided to call the driver ahead of me, he was supposed to be behind me but all that s*** from yesterday moved me back.

And  then is when I got the good news: TWO drivers ahead of me, the one on the phone and another that had been waiting for days.  The plant is way behind again, yay!  So, it isn't even 1 in the afternoon and I thought about the rare luxury of getting a cheaper but still nice hotel and spending the day and night in there.  The driver told me that there may only be one trailer coming up tomorrow.  Well, even if there's two, I'm going to make a chunk of sitting change both with being down here and yesterday.

My only regret is that if I had gotten down here yesterday, I would have been able to get a room at company expense and also would have gotten much more in D pay than in Breakdown pay. But it is what it is.  I can't complain too much, it's great money, next week's check with 2 of these high D pays on them will make up for the abysmal thing I'm getting this week - the pay period with only the El Dorado run on it.  If it's a $200 check after taxes and deductions I'd be surprised. 

So  yes, anyway, I got the hotel room.  And I'm fixing to take a nice nap after I get done with this, I have a minor headache from getting up so early and driving in the dark.  Night driving just messes with my anymore, I don't like it.  I can do it, no doubt, it's not that I can't see or anything, I just don't like it.  More attention has to be paid because - it's dark lmao. 

Oh, the boat. I contacted those people yet again. Did he happen to get to the parts store? All I got back from her was a giant thumb's up, no explanation, no date to come and finish the work.  I haven't given up on them yet since I'm not even there. I mean, I told them they can come and fix it while I'm out and the people at the house were expecting us, but that was it.  So whatever. If they don't say anything about coming when I get back, I'm dragging that boat to an actual shop and getting this over with.  I could have gone boating numerous times now. 

Ugh. I need a nap.










No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...