Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Ahhh, the luxuries of staying in a nice hotel, company paid, on the top floor : )
I haven't had this in a while.
I stayed at the cheap hotel 2 weeks ago - but I did that cause' I wasn't sure if I was going to get reimbursed.  They did reimburse me.

I actually did the same here cause' my manager was on the road and wouldn't do anything and I didn't want the whole day to waste away, so I got the room but 10 minutes later she had the confirmation down at the desk.  And then warned me - a thing I didn't know - to not turn in the receipt because the company is now not paying for detention time while you're in the hotel.  What a hoot - this new company totally sucks.  That's just the grasp of it.  Waiting down here for days, at least the second night you really should be afforded something other than Truck Sleeper Inn.  From now on, if I realllllly want a hotel, I'll eat the cost and not turn in it at all.  I will make the money back in a few hours of detention pay and then still get the rest.

It's Sunday, that;s all. I've been here since last night.  Anyway, I always find out about these lovely new rules after the fact.  Still, my manager said to not turn in the paper, that way I will get away with it.  She said she would keep doing it that way until they get on her case about it. So maybe I will try it again, but next time make sure I go through her. But, I tried for almost 4 hours to get her to do it and she wouldn't until she got to her destination.

I just love this hotel. So quiet and peaceful.  The expressway is right there, but I'm near the back, I don't hear any of that freeway noise. And it's carpeted, a thing I really like over those tile/wood plank floors.  Well, as long as the carpet is clean and not nasty smelling and sticky, lol.

Anyway, if I get back tomorrow night, that allows me the opportunity to get to the auction on Tuesday morning.  Trailers will have to show up early enough tho for me to be able to do that.  Otherwise it will just have to wait until they have another one.  Tuesday, tho, providing I'm back, I intend on taking the boat to a local mechanic and now have found another one that is allegedly a certified boat mechanic.  Things "might" be looking up.  Someone can fix the thing, I'm certain of that.

Other than that, just another day in Paradise?  In politics, absolutely not.  This circus about the Trump phone call to the Ukraine has gone full scale off the wall.  I have read the transcipt and the whistleblower document and see absolutely nothing in there about Trump  engaging in quid pro quo and trying to manipulate the 2020 election through a Biden investigation.  And even more facts are now coming out.  You just have to wait a while - a thing Democrats refuse to do in the case of this president - for all the facts to get dug up and come out.  There will be more, I suspect.  But, the dems went straight to impeachment, before they even got a chance to see the transcript - that they demanded and now are saying isn't good enough, just as they did with the Russian collusion s***.

Modern day politics has gone completely off the rails.  Since when do we trust hearsay as evidence, especially considering impeaching the President of the United States? Or start demanding impeachment proceedings before you've seen any evidence at all?  BECAUSE this whistle blower is giving second hand information, that person should be identified. And I bet there are a lot of people that are trying to uncover that as we speak. Should we even accept second hand info from "whistle blowers"? Or is this just another attempt to force through a Trump impeachment by Trump haters that don't care about the truth and potentially could just be making all of this stuff up?  Well? Certainly isn't beyond the realm of possibility that none of this person's claims are true.

Whatever the case, I take breaks from reading the news because right now, the top news stories are ALL about this situation. Like the first 5 stories plus a bunch of sub stories below each one of those 5.

Well anyway, off of that. I can't imagine most Americans are happy with the way any of this political scene is going.  But, we don't have to get totally caught up in it. Let them fight it out. The only thing you can do is call your representative and let your opinion be known. And vote next November.

 Oh the weather has gotten nice and dreary.  Okay, not dreary, but lots of people call it that when it gets dark, the wind starts howling and the rain starts pummeling the earth.  We've been in a dry spell, so I'm happy to see it, even if not at the house.  Giant American Flag flowing nicely above the Volkswagen dealership 100 feet away. Well, in the spirit of trying to save money, I'm going to bring my food from the truck up here, heat it up - well not the salad lol - it's left over prime rib and I have a lot of it.  Yeah, good stuff.  Salad and some soup I have should make a delicious dinner.  Of course, Texas Road house is directly across the expressway.....sooooo tempting.

But no. My Prime Rib roast turned out excellent. Even the 2 and 4 year olds were wolfing it down with seconds and thirds - and it was quite rare meat, tho, I was surprised those kids were liking that stuff.  For them it would be akin to eating raw  meat, I think.

_________________

Time almost done at this hotel.  No call yet about trailers coming in. Another driver over there at the truck yard decided to stay the night in his truck and would call me if trailers come in. I don't expect anything til' later this afternoon, but you just never know with this stuff.

I"m realllly wanting to go to that auction tomorrow, but the later it gets, the less likely that becomes.  It's almost 11 am - checkout time. I usually figure that anything past 2 pm I will not make it back that night, even tho on occasion I have just decided to go straight through.  Like last trip, when I spent 2 hours stopping and looking for a place to park and finally got disgusted with it and just drove the route out until almost 4 am.

I was also supposed to drag the boat in today to the repair place, but that is obviously not going to happen.

And I think I figured out why Addler is starting to get fat.  Maria just lets him eat as much as he wants to over there and apparently feeding him that cheap Purina junk.  I buy him Iams, which has kept him trim and fit.  I don't want him eating that garbage food with all kinds of junk in it that isn't really good for him - at all. And I certainly do not want him getting fat. I'll have to have a "gentle" discussion with her about it, I made my desires about it known at the beginning, but apparently that is being replaced with whatever she wants to do.  Her dogs are fat.  I was wary of this at the get go.  But Addler has been healthy all this time, I figured he would still remain lean.  Instead, he's put on a lot of fat and harmful weight. Not good for large dogs to be overweight. Not good for any dog, but the giant breeds are prone to heart problems and weight issues don't help with that.

It's really quite annoying because I said well over a month ago I'm putting him on  a diet. She obviously didn't receive that too well and she believes her dogs look "normal". Trust me when I say those dogs are quite over weight.

________________________

Home.  Yesterday, 2 trailers showed up at once, despite the yard guy's adamant statement that only one was coming up.   But, my Quaalcomm had going into drive mode when I had it on Personal Conveyance mode - causing the on duty clock to start. The company knows about the problem, I subsequently found out, but has done nothing to fix it.

So, I finally had to get an account set up with SRP online to see how much is being spent on electricity.  Because I am being told one thing and the amount I am getting is telling me another story.  I was shocked.  I was literally shocked. They have been lying to me and I just have no words.

I knew something wasn't right but right now? I'm attempting to get my expenses under control. The house in Phoenix always paid for itself until we got to summer.

























                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...