Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, a blessed day in the Lord and fun times with family and friends. 

For my part, still in Brownsville at 11:14 am Thanksgiving Day, but just informed that a trailer is coming, but apparently there is a lot of trucks waiting in line at the border on the Mexico side to get in.  So, he said probably around 2:00 pm a trailer should show up.  Well, if that happens, I doubt I'll drive all the way through today, but I"ll definitely make it up to Houston or further so I don't have to deal with the madness that will be on the roadways tomorrow down here.  Everyone came down yesterday, a lot will be going back up tomorrow.  I suppose the really bad day tho will be Sunday if a lot of people are making it a vacation to go home for Thanksgiving. 

I can't think of anywhere I can go on the way up to stop for a Thanksgiving dinner, so I'll just forego it this year and have leftovers tomorrow when I get home.  I also thought about Black Friday deals at Walmart and such, but there is nothing that I saw advertised that I need, maybe a few things I want, but I'll pass. I'm spending my money on my 4 wheeler instead, that will be Christmas gift enough to myself.  I already paid for the parts, but I suspect the labor bill will be around $300 since he's tearing the thing apart. 

But he's already got the thing running and it sounds as healthy as it ever did.  So the rest of it is just fixing things that I didn't get to, such as a bad bearing and some leaking seals.  Then next year I'll buy another one to have the ability for company to go along with me and have some fun.  There are a few people that are interested in going for sure.  And of course the boat.  But I'm not going out on the lake in 30 degree weather.  My goal right now is to get it to the reservoir, get it off the trailer, pull it up to the shore, get a good flashlight and see if I can see where the water is coming in at.  It's very perplexing.  You'd think if there is a breach in the hull you would easily see that.  Nope.  So its got to be something we can't see, I think I have it narrowed down to 2 possibilities: Either the motor where it hooks up to the transom is letting in water from perhaps an unseeable crack behind it or the other inlet that takes water to the live well is leaking somewhere along the way. 

Other than that? Just playing the endless waiting game that is to be had down here.  I could probably find a T dinner down here, but it's not late enough in the day yet, and there is allegedly a trailer coming.  I'll take getting out of here over eating a meal.  I far prefer day driving than night.  The stripes (gas station with a buffet) in Riviera might be serving turkey, if it happens that I get out of here, I'm going to stop on the way up and see.  They always have tons of fresh baked chicken if nothing else. 

Have a great day : )
















No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...