Tuesday, December 17, 2019

So, it's Tuesday the 17th. At the airport, my 6th day here.

I did much of nothing yesterday as all of this caught up to me.  Driving 4 days for work, getting home on the 4th day, getting ready to leave, come here, do all of this visiting and running around? Yup, I spent most of yesterday sleeping. 

Visiting mom was a joy . I mean, you have to deal with the things 80 years deal with in their timing, but that's ok.  I know I should get here more than once a year, just hard with this job and other aspirations. But moms don't live forever, and I know I said the same thing last year when I was down here visiting and thinking I should just make more visit for shorter duration - but I didn't do it. 

And seeing my son and his wife was fun, too. Texas Roadhouse followed by a trip to Target, Christmas gifts for them and then back to mom's house.  BTW, I"m on the laptop version of a computer keyboard, really hate these things, nothing like using a keyboard you can use in your actual lap, but it's packed in my now completely stuffed suitcase.

And seeing on of my best friends from High School. Really enjoyable, spent 7 hours there catching up and enjoying our time together. 

The weird thing about this trip is that it cost me next to nothing. Mother refused my money for various things.  I really am not hurting, I didn't want her to bear the costs of everything but she absolutely wouldn't take anything from me.  So, I"m sitting at the airport bar having a few beers, lol.  I got here way early.  I was searched in Dallas, I didn't want to waste the time here for that if it happened - but it didn't happen, I just walked through the machine and ... nothing~!

But I"m ready to get home. For all intents and purposes, I haven't seen my dogs in over 11 days.  I mean, I had them with me for a few, short hours after I got back from the last trucking trip and then dumped them right back off at Maria's.  Addler is going to knock me over, I know he'll try, when I get there tonight...which will be late, cause' this plane I will be getting on doesn't land til 9pm and then I have to get my luggage and then get back to the hotel to get my vehicle and then a 2 hour, 15 minute drive back to my town.

I'm not even sure I'll make it back tonight, I"ll determine that once I get on the road..

But an overall pleasurable trip.  Next time - I'll try to remember not so early departure time and a bit early departure time on the trip back.  I won't get home til' after midnight, not really looking forward to that at all.

Well enough for this entry, I'm getting ready to head to the gate area.

G'day

No comments:

 Tuesday - early Sleep eluded me last night.  Fall asleep, wake up, fall asleep, wake up.  Too much stuff going on in my mind and wasn't...