Friday, February 7, 2020

It was actually quite shocking this morning to find out that my "MyLovesRewards" account has $885 on it, not the $88 I thought it was.  I have 88,500 points, my math was way off, lol.  Each point is worth a penny, my mind somehow thought that amount was worth $88, not $885.  Loves has a huge selection of smart phone accessories, certain lines of clothing products and depending on the size of the store, a large selection of electronics and even small refrigerators. 

The nearest Loves is 40 miles away.  I'll likely save any shopping spree for a time when I am spending the night at a loves so I can have time to look around and see what i want.  Guaranteed $885 is enough to buy any single product in the store and really, several higher priced things.

It is no wonder it takes so long to build up each $100, I have been thinking for a while, why does this take so long? I buy at least 1,250 gallons of fuel per month there.  Loves has different tiers of points awards for each gallon of fuel you buy.  0 to 500 is "base", 1 point for 1 gallon, 500 to 1,000 is Gold, 2 points, 1,000 to 1,500 is Platinum - 3 points and unlimited drink refills and free showers, Diamond is over 1,500 points accumulated per month and the same as Platinum except you get 4 points per gallon.

Diamond is elusive for me because we just aren't busy enough for me to be driving enough to be able to buy 1,500 gallons of fuel.  And right now, we are very slow  and I wouldn't be surprised at all if I wasn't given any work for either Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  These plants all shutting down at the same time created the perfect storm of no work available.  If it continues too long, I may be forced to ship out to another division for a while to actually earn a paycheck.  Of course, that means I won't be home for 2 weeks at a time, so that's kind of a last resort.  The thought of finding a new job, however, after seeing how much money I made last year and having the same problems - plants shutting down - have cemented in my mind, at least for now, that regardless, the work will pick back up and I will be busier than I want to be at some point. 

Well enough.  Laundry day - have to do all dog bedding, it doesn't take long for it to start smelling with all the rain we've been having.  Aspyn especially, who loves to run around in it until she is both muddy and completely soaking wet.  Much more rain in the forecast, I'm not taking her to a dog grooming place again until all of this season of rain passes.




No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...