Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Well, that didn't work out so well.  Dentist out for a week.  His daughters Spring Break, they shut the entire operation down...?  Okayyy then.  I thought dentists got someone to come in and sub for them when they took vacations, not just say okay, peeps, we be gone, if you have a problem, call someone else! But, someone did answer the phone - obviously - to give me the info.  And then direct me to another dentist in town taking care of his emergencies if such arises.

Of course, calling that dentist, they knew nothing about them being his back up.  But, they said they'd work me in tomorrow.  Which is good, because one of the teeth is in on and off agony mode. It's either not hurting or it's causing me to lose my marbles.  I've never had tooth pain before, nothing of note anyway.

I mean, it wasn't all that long ago I was in the dentist office getting the last of the work that I am getting done - done.  I dunno how they could have missed this, taking x-rays of all of my teeth.  I will assume without any proof whatsoever that the fillings they put in weren't done correctly, even tho it was done by the dentist himself.

In other news, James job has reduced his hours to 30 or less. The company lost some contracts, workload is way down, apparently this company has gone through this before. But, the last time it was 4 years worth?  Lol.  I come home today and he's already here. Early afternoon.  He's going to truck driver training school as soon as he gets a student loan worked out.  Nope, that didn't come from me.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend a truck driving career to anyone.  I'm stuck in it, tho I'm trying to get out of it, it's going to take - quite - some time to get there.  James has had trucking in his mind for a long time, long before I met him.

This situation at his current job has been deteriorating for a while now.  But less than 30 hours? When he was working twice that not that long ago?  He's bound and determined to do it, too. A 5 week course, the training school claims they can help him find a "local" job.  Tho it sounds more like regional, but he has to get the income going to pay for everything.  I'm paying all the utilities here, they have a lot more than just utilities to think about. These sick kids have been costing them a small fortune.  I mean, it can be a lucrative career - maybe.  I wasn't trying to discourage him from it.  You gotta do whatever you have to do, especially when it comes to supporting a family.

________________________

And the next day.  My tooth was hurting so bad last night .... I just .... yikes.....I can't wait until 1:00 pm, when I'll head over there and they do what they have to do.  I don't care if they have to yank it. I'll leave it an open hole until I get a quote from my regular dentist about how much it will cost to put an implant in there.  I have 3 teeth that are hurting, but the other two are just on and off.  Today, I just want to get this really bad one dealt with.  I used my insurance up in January having 2 more crowns put in, I don't think there's anything left on insurance so it's going to be completely out of pocket today. 

In other news, the Dow has already dropped 1,000 points this morning. I'm afraid to look at my 401k's, so I'm not going to. I just have to trust that eventually the markets will come back up and so will the amount of money in those accounts. As they always say, you are in it for the long run. 

On February 12 of this year, we were at 29,551.  Right now, we're at 24,056.  I do find it interesting that some stocks are going up even tho a lot of them are going down and down and down.  If you could just predict those stocks going up, lol, you could get rich!



















No comments:

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...