Thursday, April 16, 2020

My stimulus money showed up in my bank account this morning.  A sizeable sum of money owed to me was also paid. And the lady renter that is in the hospital is paying up her rent.  And now a proposal to give every american over the age of 16 $2,000 per month for at least 6 months being floated.  Because we can just print money and make that happen!  These people in government making these decisions.

Isolate anyone that has the virus, keep the sick and elderly quarantined, put everyone else back to work.  I don't care if anyone doesn't like that idea, because, of course  - we're all going to die!  Well we're all going to die anyway.  I don't know when, but it's going to happen.  Our economy and our way of life is going to die right along with it if they keep everyone in their homes indefinitely.  Meaning, 6 months?  Naw, fam, we can't be shut down for 6 months.  Or go ahead, do it!  Let all those businesses die. All those small businesses - the back bone of our society - how many of those will go under?  Heck how many of them have already gone under?

Meanwhile. I haven't seen my next door neighbor in quite a while. He's the banker/cop.  Turns out he is still doing security work at the Sam's club a few towns over. First it was large numbers of people just walking out with goods that they didn't pay for.  Then, it was people attempting to buy more than limitations that most stores are putting on certain things.  After that - now - it's no more than 10 people in the store at a time.  Can you imagine? Sam's Club is a huge store.  10 people! Why even bother being open? Is there a crowd of people - close together - standing outside waiting to get in? I don't go to Sam's Club anymore, I haven't in a long time. Too easy to just spend way too much money in those places, the temptations to buy everything is too much. I just stay away.  One thing for certain, you aren't going to mess with that man. He works out - hours - every day.  Huge man, arms the size of most people thighs.

Whatever the case, we are taking it easy today. Taylor had a low grade fever last night that didn't last long and went away. So why she told work about it I have no clue, they told her to stay home.  I guess.  She is going into the docs today sometime. Are they going to give her the virus test? Who knows.  If she has it, I'm screwed and so is everyone else in the house.  Sit at home 14 days.  Or end up in a hospital.  Lol, whatever comes, comes.  I have no fever, I check every day now.  Why? Why not.  Doesn't cost anything, might as well.  I'm more concerned about the 2 little ones going to day care every day. That's where disease spreads like wildfire.

_________________

Friday morning.  Getting ready to head out to Brownsville. I now have ample masks to go into truckstops with - these masks stop the virus both ways, not just going out.  The reported cases in this area more than doubled.  Apparently a nursing home got infiltrated with it and everyone got sick. None of them have died, thankfully, but that remains to be seen. The county Judge extended the shelter in place decree and there are lots of people not working here.  I can tell ya that if you aren't working, $1,200 won't do much. Might pay your rent/mortgage for a month and maybe a utility bill or two, but that's about the extent of it.

Just astounding to me they are talking about even more stimulus money. Open the damn businesses back up, quit making up money out of the thin blue air. 

I was talking with someone yesterday that doesn't understand why we can't just keep printing money?  Ever hear of hyperinflation? Do you think that money is free? Yes!  Really?  Yes, I don't understand this.  THIS is why this nation is screwed.  People think that you can just print out money and it's furrrrrrreeeeeeeee!

Have a virus free day. 













No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...