Monday, April 20, 2020

New manager = fail right off the bat.

Told me 2 days ago I was going to be sent out - today.  He said he would text me later that day or yesterday morning with the run.

It never happened. Around 6 pm yesterday, I texted him.  Cause' I don't want to find out today - Monday - that I'm going somewhere and he forget to tell me. That's a good way to mess up an entire day. 

Next thing I see is a text with the run sheet on it.  Then the claim he had sent it the day before but it didn't "send for some reason".  Whatever.  Other managers would insist on a text back to make sure it went through. 

And of course it's the first run. I dunno how I got into this funk of having to get up at 4:00 am - at the latest - to get to work to get to the plant in time. And then, the plant - that insists on the first load truck to be there at 6:15 am - doesn't do anything until around a half hour later.  So, you get on the 14 hour clock that runs regardless of what you're doing, including waiting at the plant, and getting wasted.  But if you don't show up  on time, they complain? 

One driver yesterday was extremely unhappy after seeing a text from him going to the group.  Someone else texted back $$$$$  He then texted a pic of an alarm clock. Exactly. The money waiting is minimal, the need to get out of that plant and get on the road is far greater. 

Well I'm going down to Brownsville today, so I like the run at least. 

I've had the whole weekend off as well.  But, you know, trying to go to bed at 8:00 pm just doesn't work for me. I'll wake up at 11 or 12 and lay there awake. 

Well enough of that.  I think this virus stuff is starting to affect everyone's psyche.  I still can't believe the police in this little town are pulling people over asking them what they're doing.  They'll be examining and studying this government over-reach of power during this time for decades to come.  How historians will look back on this situation and the endless decrees various levels of government will be of great interest to me.

Then again, I fully suspect that some of this will end up in the Supreme court anyway. What gives the government the right to just say - shut down your businesses, close the doors and send your workers home?  Lots of reports of people going broke, not being able to make their mortgage/rent payments.  Talk about stressing out?!!

This little town and the surrounding county is up to 45 cases and one death.  It goes up - slightly but it's going up - every single day. 

What about China? It's now a fact that withheld information about this virus from the beginning and didn't tell anyone about the seriousness of the nature of this virus.  Should they pay?  How do you just get away with messing up the entire world?  The theory that it was developed in a laboratory is continuing on and getting more press. 

But to tell you the truth? I"m so sick of seeing 24 hour a day coverage of it, I am hardly watching any of it.  Just enough to see what's new - which is usually nothing besides governors engaging in outrageous abuses of power - and understand where we're at with this.

Other than that, I am watching movies and shows.

And with that, I'm out of here. 








No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...