Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Monday.
7:30 came around. I dragged myself out of bed - went to bed late last night - got a cup of coffee and headed out the door.  Took the SUV to the Ford dealership where I was informed that they don't have a shuttle.  Geeze.  There is no Lyft or Uber in this town. There used to be on Uber driver but they stopped for whatever reason, probably not enough business.  Whatever the case, I walked the 2.6 miles home and found out just how out of shape I am in lol.

It wasn't a "specific" appointment time, it's drop your vehicle off and they get to it in the order that it was received.  So no way I'm going to sit around there and hope they get to it immediately.  They might not even get to it today, I was informed, but I'd rather take it to the dealership than any other place in town.  That's because everywhere else here is actually a lot more expensive for car repair and I would like to hope the dealer would have more knowledge and specific equipment for Ford products.

As with the boat, I'll be lucky to get it back out of there under a grand.  This is why I'm considering trading it in, it's not been a cheap vehicle. I've had several issues with it - the thing only has 132,000 miles on it but it acts like it has 300k, just for the issues it's had and the issues have been cheap fixes.  I never had these kinds of expensive issues with that old Buick I had for 10 years. Yes, it had some issues, the interior was falling apart by the time I got rid of it, but as far as repairs, it was light on the wallet - excepting when I got the front windows fixed at $800.

I really would like a GMC diesel pickup, a bit older model, nothing new.

And they already called me.  An ignition coil needs to be replaced.  I figured. They wanted to do all kinds of other "maintenance" that would amount to over a grand.  With just the coil, an oil change and fix the wheel tire sensor - the light is on showing a low tire, none of my tires are low - we're around $500.  The maintenance they wanted to do included replacing spark plugs that we already replaced, no need for that thanks.  I couldn't believe they wanted $350 just to replace plugs and the boots that go on them.  Hopefully the coil fixes it and I can get down the road without any other expenses for a while with it, if I decide against a new vehicle. Just haven't really decided, I'm looking at my financing options atm.


No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...