Saturday, June 25, 2022

 2 trips done with, Oklahoma and Brownsville.  I get tomorrow off, which is Sunday and then back to Brownsville on Monday.  

There is so much stuff going on at work I don't even know if I want to go into all of it or even any of it.  Dispatcher having melt downs with everyone (not me, I'm just laying low right now), manager "relieved of duty" ... "temporarily" - I think he has a good case for a lawsuit against the company but nothing I want to go into here.  

No definition on what, exactly, we are going to get paid for in  Brownsville on detention pay.  I didn't get detention this time so nothing to even consider - tho on Monday a good possibility.  

The dude in Mexico telling people that if we're in the yard in Brownsville, we must be on duty.  Yea, that dude doesn't own that yard or the trucking company that operates it and I know all of those people. How would this dude even know if any of us are on or off duty?  They gonna get in my truck to check? In a pig's eye they will.  Those people at that yard wouldn't even think of doing anything like that, anyway, they are totally cool, chill, laid back Mexicans that love to have a good time.  I've never had any issues with any of them and I have partied with the owner's son who runs the place. 

Yes, I've had some beers down there. Nothing lately tho, they have shut down their parties there for some reason.  Doesn't matter, a lot of times I get down there and I don't want to do anything but go to bed.

And right now? I am still not 100% and driving all day is definitely taking it's toll on me.  Yes, I am still somewhat sick. The coughing has subsided substantially but the feeling of crud is still quite alive and well.  I stopped twice yesterday to take naps and today, I stopped once but for 40 minutes and fell right asleep.  

The kids are gone to grandma's for 2 weeks, I will be able to sleep in in the morning : )  It's so nice and quiet around here, no kids fighting, screaming, yelling, hitting each other : ) We are all enjoying it.  

Tomorrow is Sunday so I don't really have much planned. It is super hot here - over 100 degrees and tho I have some stuff to put together, unless I can do it in the living room or something and then take it outside, I doubt I will be making that any kind of priority.  

Plus the AC in my vehicle is kaput.  Monday, I'm calling the shop and seeing if they have the part in yet. The mechanic at work verified it's a 14 hour job to put that part in there. You literally have to take the entire dashboard OUT of the vehicle. Our mechanic had pics of the job he did on a car because it not only took him so long but he had to remove everything. That scares me, to be honest, what if they don't get it back together right? 

Nothing I can do, I am not driving that thing in this heat all summer long without AC.  

Umm, yes, I consider the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe a miracle. Not even a minor miracle.  A major, unbelievably wonderful miracle. Lives will be saved.  Yes, it goes back to the states but the states that won't allow abortion or will reduce how the number of weeks before cutoff will undoubtedly save lives.

Spare me the arguments. I am not arguing it here on my site.  I have been in the pro-life movement for decades. I have stood out front of Planned Parenthoods, I have stood on street corners, I have been threatened to be arrested, I have heard every single argument and they all fall flat on their faces.

The Creator's creation should not be trifled with in such a manner.  You're literally condoning killing HIS Creation.  All Constitutional arguments aside, which there are plenty against abortion, I put God above all of it.  As do most Christians and even many faiths of varying belief systems that also don't believe abortion is acceptable.  

I will say that all of the leftie debate groups I'm in, they are having melt downs.  I have been called a slew of names in those groups by these people, even tho I am not calling them names or even trying to get into any heated arguments. I just block people on Facebook now that engage in that.  It serves no useful purpose and if they complain to Facebook about me, even tho they are the aggressor? I am the one that gets shut down for 30 days.  My blocking campaign has worked for the 6 months we've been into this year, it is working I see no reason to stop now.  

And yes, I could go into the Constitutional level of things as outlined by Alito and his written opinion in this overturning of Roe, but why?  I am tired, I am trying to cool off, I am happy to be home and my dog was let out the front door when I pulled up to the front of the house to come greet me : )  And there was extra spicy chili waiting!  Made with home grown habeneros, serranos and jalapenos, it made my forehead break out in sweat and cleared out my sinuses lol! 

Taylor has been growing a lot of stuff, but the hot peppers apparently thrive in this heat?  I dunno, but they are good and so are all of the tomatoes that those other plants are pumping out.  

Oh, well I did get revised quotes from the contractor. Yes, revised because the prices of everything has gone up since I got the first quote.  It would have been nice if he had just ordered all of it then as I wanted him to.  I tried my contact, but he can't get the 4 inch diameter schedule 40 pipe, he has to order it from a competitor, pay full price and then mark it up.  At least he was honest. 

My other contacts at my old work? There are hardly any left.  They all either moved to where this other guy is or they were offered retirement and they accepted or they moved on elsewhere. I might try calling over there Monday anyway, tell them I'm an ex employee, can I get any good pricing? I know they carry the 4 inch pipe.  The price of the entire job has, so far, gone up almost 4 grand.  That's what inflation is doing.  This isn't the cost of labor going up, it's the cost of the pipe and fittings.  I don't even know about the electrical part, yet.  It's concerning, yes.  I can afford the extra for the pipe and septic, the electrical?  I am almost afraid to find out.  

With that, this one is done. Might write some more tomorrow, but I think I'll go enjoy the company of living humans versus being alone in a truck all day long. 

G'nite.  

No comments:

 Tuesday mid-morning My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to th...