Friday, March 31, 2023

 So yesterday, I tested the machines.  I still have to go get an exhaust piece for the dryer, but it works whether the exhaust is vented outside or not.

The washer ran fine. 30 minutes and it was done with its cycles.  

The dryer also ran fine.  In fact, it ran too fine. I put 4 quarters in the thing and it ran...and ran....and ran....at about 45 minutes, I figured it should be done. At almost an hour I was scratching my head.  It an hour and 20 minutes I started laughing.  At an hour and 44 minutes? I shut the thing off by opening the door. It then turned itself back on after closing the door. It's not supposed to do that, either.  It should force you to hit the start button. 

Well, I called the company I bought it from and they hooked me up with a local appliance store to come out and fix it. I didn't know that store had appliance repair. There is just one problem with this appointment: they have it set for 3/6/2023.  Noting that today is 3/31/2023, lol. I will be calling the store this morning to find out if that was just a type - 4/6/2023 is likely what the agent meant to write into that email.  I'd like to see if they will come sooner. I'm not opening up the laundry until that thing is fixed, I'm not giving away free hours worth of drying.  

At least the company purchased it from didn't give me a hassle about it. "Yea, that doesn't sound right" after telling her the thing ran for getting close to 2 hours without shutting itself off.  

Anyway, I made a lot more calls than that yesterday.  I got on a roll and spent around 7 hours on the phone. 2-1/2 of them were calling Verizon about the internet gateway device.  I turned it off, I want them to stop trying to bill me for service, I cancelled the service and I have an actual email from them proving it. It took me over 2 hours to finally get through to the business department.  I kept calling and it kept directing me to the personal side, then they would try to transfer me over.  It should be needless to say that I was getting very aggravated with that nonsense. 

But, I also called a CPA, he is too busy right now to take me on.  I also called T-Mobile, Dish Network, Direct TV to name a few. I'm trimming the budget.  I don't need to be paying what Dish Network was charging me, I dropped the service at my place and got the service reduced $50 at the other house.  I don't know why they wouldn't drop the price over here. 

I called Direct TV to switch over, they tried to jack me around.  The lowest they would come was $120 per month. That's $40 better than Dish, but it's still pretty high for only 2 receivers and basic channels. But, I decided to go ahead and do it. This dude promised me 10 times the total price was going to be $120 per month.  But at the end?  It went up to $127 and then $128 and then $127.  What kind of buffoonery am I dealing with here?  I told him he promised the TOTAL bill with taxes was going to be $120.  He didn't care and neither did I, I hung up on him.  He called back, attempting to explain away the extra money, I hung up on him again, telling him do NOT call me again.  

So, the house over here has no satellite at the moment. James and Taylor don't watch satellite, the boys like the cartoon channels. I watch reruns of old shows and some news.  But, last week, I found Tubi on the apps on the TV and it plays all kinds of movies, many of which I like.  

New tenants took over lot 13 last night - or so I was told.  It's Friday morning right now, I'll be heading over there soon enough.  I knew they were moving in, lol, this isn't like the other guy that showed up out of the blue. I think the lady is stay at home mom - she has 2 young kids.  So they should be there to make payment this morning.  I have an overnighter that should also be there - they said they were coming in after !0:30 -  yup, please be quiet, I won't be there, thank you.

I still don't have that much for overnighters going for April. I'm intent on renting out the lot 12 for long term.  

I ordered 2 cameras from T Mobile yesterday.  One for the inside of the shed and one that will be attached outside showing the driveway.  I will be able to see who's coming and going and  I will be able to determine who did what if the facilities get trashed.  I'm pretty much of the idea that I want a locking door handle on it.  The cameras add $40 per month to the bills. These cameras have a sim card and you can access them from anywhere that you have internet access.  It's just the price I feel I must pay to ensure that people keep themselves behaved.  

Someone dumped a bunch of insulation in my dumpster the other day.  I have put up a sign stating the dumpster is for RV park and guests use only.  This was the thick, attic type insulation, it certainly didn't come from anyone at the park.  I am considering placing a fake camera up in the tree and a sign saying "this area is under video surveillance" or some other such thing. The only other alternative will be the pain of having to get a lock and a bunch of duplicates made up.  It was suggested to me, but I had already thought about it and thought, gag, not really wanting to do that.

I placed that dumpster about 100 feet off the road so people couldn't just stop and dump. They actually have to drive up the driveway.  So I dunno, but I do know they sell fake cameras that look real.  

Since having the electrician come out and check everything cost nothing, the person of interest that was going to pay for it has now offered to pay for the rest of what's needed done in the shed. "Price it out and let me know".  So, that's what I'm doing today.  Measure everything, determine how many 2X4's I will need and how much drywall and insulation I will need.  A door for the restroom and they sell a small vanity with sink and mirror for relatively cheap at Lowe's.  

I was only going to put up drywall for the bathroom to start with and just do the rest later when I have more money, but since the offer has been made....might as well get the drywall for the entire thing.  It's going to cost some money.  The insulation is $12 per panel.  Ii remembered I already have a ceiling light at the house - brand new - haven't installed it. I thought it was corded, its wired in, which is what I need for the shed for the bathroom.  

So, I need to find out how to connect 2X4's on the tops of the vertical studs and where the joists connect to it. I think it's just a metal piece you screw or nail in there if I recall correctly.  Won't need too many, just enough for the bathroom, the rest of the shed will remain open including the high ceiling.  I don't have the motivation to bring the ceiling down, it's just a waste of time IMO.  

Well, that was easy.  Finding out how to connect them, that is, easier than I thought.  Off to the property, get my measurements and then off to Lowe's.  


No comments:

 Monday - late afternoon It is finished.  I added other sources of income I had forgotten about and done with it.  It has been sent, they ar...