Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday

Another plane crash? DANGGGGG!!
This one was bad, too.
Strange to come out to my computer, get on the net and find this big pic of a house that's engulfed in flames because an aircraft nose-dived into it.

Well, anyway, I'm going to be going outside in a little while and hopefully hooking up that gate to the post. Then figure out where I want the next post, dig that hole, pour that cement and then dig the final hole for the post up against the side of the house. I've determined that I can just grow vines along the entire surface of the fencing and eventually it will be covered up. I have one vine in the perfect spot for one end of the fence, I'm thinking of transplanting another vine away from that shadowed area and put it at the other end.

I went for a LONG hike yesterday. I just about made myself sick climbing up and down those steep mountains. Good workout - yes - and is motivating me to continue on with it. I'm also doing a light workout with the freeweights - I'll get it going on a regular, full-blown routine after I get my body reaccustomed to that kind of workout. Basically a 3-day per week routine that works different muscle groups on each workout. I'm looking for muscle mass right now, not toning - want to get it back on there and get the metabolism going again to get rid of my "fat reserves". I ain't that fat, but - I really don't want any on my body. I want to get my weight back down into the 180's - right now sitting at 200.

If you want to know one of my worst fears - it's that of getting fat as I get older. I know TOO many guys that put on the pounds and do nothing about it until it's so bad, it'll take a year or more for them to lose all of that, and then only if they're REALLY committed to doing it. Obesity is the American Pandemic - and it's killing us, ridding our bodies with all kinds of different diseases, slowing us down and basically making life miserable for a lot of people. The best thing that could happen to America is that McDonalds; Wendy's; Burger-King; Jack-In-The-Box and all the rest of the fat and calorie laden giants of fast-food just GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

I'm telling you - there is a market for people who want fast food that is GOOD for you. I would gladly visit such an establishment if they could make it fast, still be tasty food and reasonably priced. The calorie glutton fast food joints and their pathetic attempts at making "good" food is ridiculous. That junk is STILL laden with calories - and usually fat calories which are the hardest to get off - takes more energy to burn a fat calorie than it does a protein or carbohydrate calorie.

Plus, fat is stubborn, it doesn't LIKE to go away once it's on your body. Heck, I would love to be able to venture into a fast food market with the concept of fast-food without all the fat calories. I just don't know WHAT one could make that would be fast food. Burgers made with lean ground beef and dump the sauces? That would cost - lean ground beef isn't exactly cheap. Well, for me it is - right now Fry's has it on sale for $1.88 per pound - I intend on getting 8 pounds of it today. Yes, there's a limit of 4 - but again, the management of that store told me to go ahead and just buy the first however many of an on-sale product, pay for it, and then start a new sale and pay for the other 4. I've done it many times - though I've gotten some stares from the clerk running the self-service lanes.

No-one has actually tried to stop me - yet. When they do, I'm going to be pointing at a particular member of management and telling whoever that THEY told me I could do it, and the HE does it himself!

Tomorrow - or Monday depending on when she gets her check and gets it cashed - will define whether Mary stays or not. It's all about the money, honey. I have written up a VERY inclusive rental agreement. It's my standard agreement, and then a LOT of very detailed, very, very clear addendums, additions and stipulations are added. I know, I should be getting rid of her - but as I say, if she comes up with the court judgement, the security deposit, this month's rent - and possibly at least a portion of last month's rent - I'm good with it.

IF this crap ever happens again, she will be paying for her own eviction. I've bluntly told her that right to her face. We ARE getting along very well - right now. History - with Mary - shows that the problems begin with rent issues. More specifically, the work-for-reduced-rent scenario.
The new rental agreement includes verbage that ends any past claims of monies owed to her in terms of rent reductions, that no further legal action can or will be taken (against me), that no liens will be placed upon my house/property for any such, and that any friends/acquaintences she has used is her responsibility, and hers alone, to repay, if there is any such repayment necessary.

When we don't have the rent issues, we don't have issues, basically - excepting the fight with Justine, the deal with waking up Caleb that one morning and a few other oddiities. The new rental agreement has a provision for the video surveillance, and that by signing the agreement, she acknowledges that video surveillance is being used and that she is giving her consent to it awareness of it's use, 24 hours a day. No rental agreement will be given until cash is handed over to me.

My latest CL ad had quite a number of - women - responding. One guy - who doesn't live here, doesn't have a job and - no thanks. In other words, he's moving in from out-of-state and his mother allegedly is going to pay his rent until he gets a job. In this economy, I wouldn't take it for granted that you will be able to find ANY kind of job out there, save minimum wage junk. I certainly am not going to agree to someone coming in here that has none - I don't take his mother's word as gold, as I don't know the woman or her financial situation and can't deal with her in person, since she lives 5 states away.

I can live with Mary - as long as the "stuff" doesn't resurface. There's always the element of give and take in this kind of situation. Speaking of that, Ken, the other roommate - has literally disappeared. I have no idea where he's at, what he's doing. I haven't seen him in 4 days, I think. Mary said that he told her that he lost some hours at work. He is current on rent and will be until Friday of next week. Meanwhile - quite odd that he isn't here. He has, however, started "dating" a woman he has know for a long time.

The problem is that that woman is MARRIED. I want NOTHING to do with any of that. I don't want that woman's husband to find out where I live. "Gunfight At The BenB Corral" - starts at 12:00. I mean, really, what kind of chances is a person taking in dating a married woman? If I were that husband and found out about it, I would NOT be happy, at all. You know what happens, sometimes, with guys that go into a rage, get a weapon and - easy to figure out the rest. The woman has been here a couple of times, but only short visits. WHERE, exactly, Ken is? I have no clue. He can't be staying with her - the hubby's at home. I'm a little concerned - but - not really my problem. If he disappears permanently - maybe we'll see something about on the local news :(

Ahhh, whatever. I have work to do and I'm going to get to doing it. I'm also going to repost my dog sitting ad - I want to get a couple more regulars, if possible, bringing their doggies over here.

C'ya later and have a great day!
ben

6 comments:

Fin said...

Long post. THe plane crash once again brings to the fore the very sad state of the news media in the US (and much of the rest of the world) today.

I guess you have to be my age to compare the idiotic twinkies running around with microphones, or sitting babbling in a studio, with real news men from days gone by.

The amount of FACTUAL misinformation is what is so staggering. These people just yammer away to hear their own voices and fill dead air with inanities till the next twinkie can collar some moron on the street for their "opinion" or "reaction".

Fijufic said...

Oh boy when you have to live with other people the details get really crazy.

Ben, save up and buy a heart monitor and start running outdoors. You will drop the weight and feel like a million bucks in several departments.

Dude, I HAVE to run with my heart condition or I'm gonna keel over on one of these because if I don't my heart will weaken at a rate that scares mere mortals...

Just set the pulse meter between a certain parameter based on your age and all will be well in no time flat...

Cheers dude,

Bobby

Benita said...

I hope that married woman's hubby doesn't come after YOU, thinking that YOU are his wife's lover! That would be awful!

BTW: You can buy ground turkey instead of ground beef. It has MUCH less fat than beef, and looks, tastes the same in dishes you prepare. Even the burgers are great!

Here's a healthy, low-fat suggestion for a fast food: Buy the Mission-brand "wraps"...the large tortilla-looking things. They come in whole wheat, jalapeno/cheddar flavor, spinach flavor, and garlic/herb. Simply heat the "wrap" for 10 seconds on each side in a dry skillet on high heat. Put some salad greens in first (I like to use the bagged salad with carrots, lettuce, and purple cabbage.)...then put some tuna or pulled whitemeat chicken breast, or brown some of that ground turkey with some chopped onions and put that on top of the greens. Sprinkle some lo-fat shredded cheddar cheese on top, and pour some fat-free Ranch dressing on top of the filling. Then roll up the wrap, according to directions on the package. The dough is warm and will stick to itself and make a nice roll that holds together! Then slice down the middle and enjoy! These are really good, and you can fill with many different healthy things! Sometimes I use brown rice and red beans and ground turkey that I've browned in a skillet. Be sure to use a lo-fat dressing, whatever flavor you prefer. They are really good without the calories and FAT! :)

saint-sinner said...

Go with Bobby's suggestion, Ben. Get a heart rate monitor and start running outdoors. You really do feel fantastic after it's over and done with.

BenB said...

Fin: well, I do tend to write a little much sometimes. I know what you're saying about those people - I don't hardly listen to any of it. I pretty much don't watch the news on TV, either. It's nothing like it used to be - especially local news, whatta joke.

Bobby: Lol - things can get a little hairy around here, no doubting that!
I love running - my knees hate it. I can do a little here and there, but if I start a prolonged running campaing, my knees start hurting REALLY bad. There are 2, next best things for me: mountain climbing, which is an excellent workout and rollerblading, which is also a very good workout. I can't afford a good pair of blades right now, but the mountains are 3 blocks away.
I might start jogging for 20-30 minutes and see how it feels.
I'm also set on the freeweights - I don't just want to lose weight, I want to look good again, if for no other reason because I just want to. Not huge arms, but big enough.
A pulse meter is a great idea!
I feel for ya - you scared the crap out of me when you wrote that post from your hospital bed!
Keep on movin!

Benita: This is a great looking recipe - and darn if I didn't JUST get back from the grocery store. Make another trip tomorrow, though, I copied and pasted your recipe and will print it out later. Thanks for the suggestion!

saint: I'm actually starting to feel better again with the mountain climbing. As I said, I love running - I just can't do too much of it. Too much jumping on and off semi-trailers over the years, plus a catastrophe in my 20's that basically ripped the ligaments right out and my leg bone could actually pop out of its place - and that took care of that. For the past several years, I have not been jumping up and down on the trailers, I just climb up them now. I'm going to give a little run a try and see what happens - just don't want to get too carried away with it.
ben

Benita said...

Ben, I forgot to say that after you heat the "wrap" for 10 sec. on each side in the dry skillet, be sure to REMOVE the thing from the skillet and put it on a dinner plate before you start filling it with goodies! They can burn easily if left in that hot skillet for very long! You just want to heat it, so it will be pliable and stick to itself when you roll it. Let me know how it goes! :)

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...