Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday - Morning

Got to work this morning - first day in weeks that I haven't had a full plate of things to do. Which isn't really all that great - I do my best when there is plenty to do. Still, it's a beautiful morning, the air is cool and "fresh" - Phoenix version of fresh lol - and at least there's an order to pull for delivery on Monday morning.
Plus, I get off almost 2 hours early today because of OT incurred this week.

When thinking about approaching summer - I'm always looking at the temps and the 10-day forecast. Today will be mid-90's, this weekend back down in the 80's but then next week back up into the 90's. At this time of the year, this is expected, unfortunately, and it probably will continue to rise from here on out. So - bidding adioses and ado's to winter and spring.

Anyway, I found the ad on Craigslist again that has shade treatments for windows - the guy is going out of business and is selling the stuff dirt cheap. I am hoping to get over there today or tomorrow and get some of it before it's all gone.

With that, I am going to go outside, get on the forklift and start pulling this order.
Have a great day!
ben

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

You better get over there today!!!!

Have a good weekend. All my friends that go there to AZ tell me the heat is very dry and comfortable relative to all the humidity we have here during the summer months. I'm sure it is still hotter than hell however.

Bobby

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobby!
I wrote the guy an email - he says he has lots of the stuff so I will probably get over there tomorrow morning. I just have a lot of stuff to do on Friday afternoons.
I don't know why your friends would even think about coming here during the summer - why don't they come here in the winter when it's gorgeous? Must be people on business trips or something like that. I have been hearing the "dry heat" theory for as long as I have lived out there. I can tell that your fingers aren't going to be burned in high humidity as they are when you go to open the door to your car when it's 115 out. High humidity is much cheaper to cool - the temps are far lower even if it is extremely uncomfortable to be in. There are just more factors to consider in extremely high temps than just the humidity versus heat scenario.
ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...