Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Enough

I just wrote up my first 30-day notice.
I can't take one individual driving out mostly good tenants anymore.
The tenant that is leaving is a good tenant, I would FAR rather her stay than Mary.
This tenant has good points.
Mary frequently stays up ALL night long and then goes to work the next morning. I see her coming home - like nothing at all.
I go through sleeplessness here and there - it isn't fun the next day at work, and when I come home, I go and pass out on the couch or in my bedroom.
Mary goes through mood swings. Uncommon, perhaps not. But - start adding things up.
Prior tenants and others in the neighborhood saying the same things.
I admit that some of my reason for keeping people here beyond desired lengths is for the rent money.
Again, I have already placed and ad for another tenant. Whether for Mary or for the newer tenant - or for both - well, whatever happens happens. Tenants are keeping me at least somewhat afloat right now.

I fully expect Mary to attempt to refute the notion that she is a drug user. I fully expect to refute her. If she wants to prove it, then let her take a drug test immediately - no time to use all those things you can supposedly use to clean up your urine - at her expense. If I'm wrong, I'll pay her back, if she's wrong, I expect not to even see the results - what would be the point.

I don't have to and didn't give a reason for the termination of rental agreement in a 30 day notice. I've just had enough of this. Even in light of my economic disaster, I just can't go on with her disrupting people's lives that come to live here.

So it is, and so beit.
ben

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Don't get goaded into the "why". Just tell her it isn't working out and you should both move on.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, unfortunately, as I expected, she's gone haywire before I even gave a reason for it. I received 2 emails and a phone call that I didn't answer with all kinds of junk, blasting me and the other tenant - whose name hasn't been mentioned in any of this.
I knew this was going to be an ordeal, so it is.
ben

Fin said...

Hang on. And good luck. Again.

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...