Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday

I was sitting here dreaming of going to that nursery that is going out of business to get a few more plants - but - pretty much out of the question. Well, I dunno, maybe a couple at the $5 price wouldn't kill the budget - but what budget is there?
I've done the numbers over and over. Really? I'm still floating. I'm not going to say everything is hunky dory, but with 3 tenants and if my job holds out and they don't cut any more hours - I will survive this. Lots of if's there.

At this point, when a tenant leaves, they leave in their wake this precious element called "time". The time it takes to get a new tenant to take their place is the time that I am not getting that income for the empty room. I would have never thought that I would have to resort to having to have 3 tenants in here. I figured 2 at most. Well, at least - pretty much anyway - most everyone either keeps to themselves or are nice enough people that it doesn't really matter. Of course, I have also even thought about FOUR tenants - but I think that's just out of the question. Take that back - nothing is out of the question if it's the difference between saving the home from foreclosure or not.

Anyway, my next plan is to simply call the mortgage company - and keep calling them, as I do when I have a problem with some service with any company and hope I eventually get the right set of ears listening. I have also entertained the idea of simply applying for my own loan mod. I have been acquiring this data from all of these companies I have been talking to - it sounds to me as if all they are doing is compiling a complete bundle of information about you, your finances, what has happened to your finances, a letter from the homeowner about the hardship - and offering it to the mortgage company.

My doubts about these modification companies is that, though they guarantee you your money back - is the question of whether you actually WILL get your money back if they fail. I don't trust any of them. It isn't going to hurt me to put together my own package. If it fails, it fails - it only cost me time, not 2 grand like all these places want. Besides, mortgage rates are going back up - I could probably still see at least a point and a half or more reduction in the interest rate.

Well, whatever. I'm behind on the mortgage, yes, but not foreclosure amount of time behind is all I can say about that.

I noticed this morning that these Sissoo trees put out pods. Assuming those pods have seeds in them, I will take some of them and see if I can start growing some from seed. I'm expecting that tomorrow, I will basically be taking the day off for Father's day and eating a large, thick juicy steak - of which every single grocery store around here has a huge sale on. Though - Safeway I found has the best deal and I am going to visit them in a little while to get some of that deal. Oh, and don't forget the baked potato and sour cream with that! And a vegetable - and whatever else!

Have a great Saturday!
ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...