Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday

Didn't sleep well last night. Oh well. Lots of stuff to do today - I'll be pulling orders and driving all over the valley pretty much all day long.

Diet is having it's intended effect: my pants are starting to loosen up. I put on a pair of jeans this morning that had been fairly tight, they are now falling off my @$$ without use of a belt. This was the only reason, really, that I started this diet, so that I would not have to move up to a size 34 from my current size 33. I'll find out in a few minutes if the waist reduction is also seen with my work pants which REALLY started getting tight and I was really thinking of ordering a whole new set of the next size up.

Yesterday, however, I went overboard on calories in eating 2 burritos and a bowl of french soup. The soup was pretty low on calories by virtue of fact of adding only a smidgeon of cheese, but the burritos - a different story.

I don't really mind "indulging" once in a while to combat the effect on the mind that I am denying myself. Especially on a Sunday, and while watching NFL football. Speaking of that, that Saints V Vikings game last night was a true nailbiter. It went into overtime - the score was 28 - 28. Saints got the ball first and - yes - the Saints scored first, winning the game.

I am neither a Saints nor a Vikings fan, but I would have liked to seen Favre go to the Superbowl. I am also not a fan of the rule they changed however many years ago in "the first team that scores, wins" in OT. I'm sitting there watching Favre gut it out - watching OT finish out his hopes of goin to the bowl and not even getting a chance to throw the ball. I've seen this scenario played out many times over and I just think they should revert it back to a full, 15-minute period. I think they did that to shorten games.

I really have little interest in either team going to the Superbowl this year, but I am a football fan and I will watch the game anyway.

Nothing much new on the homefront. The weekly-paying tenant - paid. The ex-Marine - no clue what's going to happen there, he's still waiting to hear back about his new job - he had to do drug testing and that was a sticking point - pass it he's hired, don't pass it - obvious. The other guy is hurting and offered me most of the rest of what he owes for this month, but I gave him a pass because he was headed out to CA to go to a funeral of a relative who died last week of a drug overdose.

I have heard nothing from the guy with the 5th wheel and I am about to give up on it. If he calls, great, if he doesn't no loss.

Work day almost here, gotta get offa here.

Have a great day!

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...