Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cafe World Tips - 7: Which Dishes To Prepare?

I have read all over the internet about which dishes you should prepare ot gain the most coins in the shortest period of time with what dishes.

They almost ALL use the burger dish as their prime example. Well, that's all fine and dandy, it takes 5 minutes to COOK - you can make all kinds of coins and eventually earn a lot of Cafe Points if you want to go that route.

However, be prepared to spend your days doing nothing but cooking hamburgers. What these people forget to tell you is the prep time to also include in making them - when you have 16 ovens that is going to double the total cooking time. It's a bit ridiculous to think you are going to sit around 10 hours a day or whatever cooking food constantly - meaning clicking your mouse over and over and over until you are - sick of it. I actually did that at the begining when I first started but got tired of that quickly.

Now? I use dishes that work for my schedule. I don't want to sit here endlessly playing the game. I do LIKE the game, but not THAT much. I have a life apart from Cafe World, don't you? I would like to hope so!

You also don't need a tips and tricks download for however much money they want for them - I wouldn't know cause' I never went that far on their sites that are offering such - to figure out which dishes give you maximum returns for your money - or coins in this case. Go through all the dishes currently offered, see how much it costs compared to how much the dish will end up making. It's very simple math.

However, I don't cook dishes just for the maximum return - I have dishes I cook because the timing is right on the hours it takes to cook them. My best example of that is the Crackling Peking Duck dish. It costs 900 coins and gives you a total of 3600 coins when all 900 servings are sold. That's only 3 coins per serving - it tells you all of this right there on the menu. The lure for me? It takes 18 hours to cook. I prepare and get cooking all 16 ovens of it around 8:00pm - an hour before I go to bed, when I come home from work, it's done and ready to go.

Cake is also good. 14 hour prep time - it doesn't spoil even though it's done several hours before I get home. That's another question folks have - about the spoilage. It appears the shorter the time it takes to cook the dish, the shorter time you have to get it to your counters. Let me say here that once you get a dish on your counter - it NEVER spoils. I currently have 285,000 servings of food on my counters - yes, I actually have that many. They never go bad. I could quit playing the game for a week and still have food on there to serve.

The thing you have to pinpoint is how you want to play the game. I want all 8 of my counters to have different foods on them. I cook different dishes every day to keep the numbers up. You might just want to find one dish that pays out a lot and keep cooking that continuosly. Or 2 dishes with the same objective.

You have to determine whether you want to be a slave to the stove or do you want to just spend a few minutes here and there cooking. There are dishes available that take 2 days to cook. Chips and guacamole I believe is 3 MINUTES.

That's it for this tip.

Edited:
Will be editing my tips as new information comes along or I simply am moving ahead on the game. I now have 12 counters and 18 ovens. I just acquired 4 new counters that Cafe World made available a couple of days ago, as well as 2 new stoves that also were unavailable until - a couple of days ago. I have food on all 12 counters. I use 3 of them for gift food and the rest are dishes that I have cooked. Eventually I'll have it back down to 1 counter with gift food and the other 11 all with food I have been cooking.

Also, there is a glitch in Cafe World that has been exposed by - computer geeks I'm guessing - it's called a clicker. I am not going to post sites on here for you to see, just do a Google search for Cafe World clicker and you will find as many sites as you want with the info on how to set it up. It basically cooks the food FOR you. You don't have to do anything. I personally don't want to degrade the game by doing that, so I am not going to set it up on my cafe.

Also, since this posting, Cafe World has listened to it's users and they have released all kinds of new dishes in the menu. Pretty cool, really, plus they are adding all kinds of new decorations you can use in your Cafe.

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...