Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday

Thursday already?!!
Hey, I even slept pretty good last night, too!
That's 2 freakin' nights in a row!
Yeeeeehawwwww!

Just out of morbid curiosity, what is it with doctors using their exam rooms to put people under and ---- have sex with them? I really don't understand a lot of stuff that goes on in this world. Are these people unable to find their own - awake - boy or girlfriend and have their with them = legally?

Guy from Top of the World writes me back and says that he doesn't understand why I am opposed to moving the 60 to another location and that the next time I drive through there, look at all the dead animals laying on the side of the road. There are no more dead animals along that very short stretch of road than there is anywhere else. It's a ludicrous argument: let's spend millions and millions of dollars to completely move a highway around a town of 400 people because - they don't want the highway there anymore. I wrote him back and asked if the people living in that community want to foot the bill for it, cause' I can guarantee you that when the facts come out from ADOT, most Arizona taxpayers are NOT going to want to see our taxpayer money wasted on something as petty as what they are asking for with such a big price tag.

I'm sorry, I have NEVER heard in my entire lifetime a community that decides they just don't want a highway running through their town, so let's start a movement against it?!!! I'm sure it's happened elsewhere, I just have never heard of it.

Whatever. I gave my 2 cents worth to ADOT, that's the best I can do.

Today was going to be a trip to Casa Grande with a pickup and delivery, but - the salesman called me last night saying to hold off on it. The contractor is wanting some pipe to be delivered to them but there is a glitch in getting paperwork changed at the pipe manufacturer - sooooo - no trip to Casa Grande today. I like my trips down south, really. There is another delivery going that way, but it's so small I'll be relegated to the pickup truck to deliver it. I'm a TRUCK driver, darnit, I wanna drive the big truck!! Wahhhhhh, lol. Hissy fit and temper tantrum over, it's not that big a deal, just that the pickup has an odor in the AC vents and it does not smell good, at all. Like there's mold or something growing in there.

Well, after work today, I figure to spend another 2 hours or so on ONE section of paneling. I know, it sometimes sucks to be a perfectionist, but I am spending the money, I want it done right. To do it right means taking the time to accurately measure all the angles and getting it cut to spec. They're obviously in a hurry to get it done, I'm in a hurry to make sure it's done right the first time - especially with new material that cost me, not them, the money in acquiring it.

Work day approaches, c'yall later.
ben

2 comments:

Fin said...

There was a similar situation in lower Mississippi. I don't remember if it was Harrison County or an adjacent one, but a town wanted a hurricane evacuation route to bypass their town.

Turns out some politically connected people own a lot of land where the re-directed route would be built, and so it is likely headed to court. In the meantime, hope they don't get another Katrina with NO evac route in place.

Anonymous said...

Of course, the silver-lining for someone who stands to make a LOT of money off of the deal. How does that not surprise me?
These people's argument/s is/are petty at best. They claim that since there is going to be such a large road there, a pedestrian bridge will have to be built. Great, build them a pedestrian bridge - What's that, a few hundred thousand dollars at most, compared to millions and millions of dollars spent on totally moving the entire highway somewhere else. This is up in the mountains and apparently these people are going as far as proposing that an entire new bridge be built over a huge canyon because of their desired changes. In the existing route, there is a bridge already there - that they JUST got through spending months in repairing and renovating. They can expand the width of that bridge which would cost FAR less than the proposal of building a totally new bridge somewhere else along this canyon. It's over 200 feet high, this bridge.
I just stand in awe of the things that go on in government, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to "save" these people and go around it. I will be showing up at the next public meeting if there is another one to give them a piece of my mind - we are not in an economy that supports HUGE waste - in fact, really, this project could be put on hold indefinitely. The State of Arizona is broke - unless all of this money is coming from the Federal Government, an entity that apparently thinks their machines that produce currency can go on forever with no consequences, it's a bad idea. Of course, I think at this point that anything that isn't absolutely necessary in terms of government spending should be a no-brainer: can-it.

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...