Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday

Just a few things.
First, a guy was supposed to show up and check out the house/room. He was 10 minutes away when he had last called. It happens - people drive through the neighborhood, don't like it, leave, won't call you back and at least have the nerve to tell you so. I saw him, I believe, drive through the neighborhood, it must have been him, guessing anyway. He drove up the street, turned around and drove off.

Next? Don't really care, there are 4 other people "in-queue" showing up later. I tell them first-come, first-served. I continue to run new ads everyday, meanwhile, until I get someone in here.

Second, a Cafe World neighbor and facebook friend wrote after I asked on my wall if anyone knew anything about thyroid problems. Turns out she has had her thyroid removed, had cancer in it. That was 15 years ago. She seemed to think it was no big deal and that she knows a lot of other people with thyroid issues, again, to them anyway, no big deal. Take one pill a day and that's it. Allegedly no side effects.

Well, I hope I don't have cancer in there, number one, and number two, I'm kinda leaning towards hoping it's just an iodine deficiency and that I need to get more in my system. I do not cook with salt and I do not eat a lot of packaged foods. It never dawned on me that perhaps that lack of iodine intake could cause a problem. I have read that it's an important - mineral I guess - that you need on a daily basis. I was thinking of getting some iodized salt and seeing if there is any "change" in how I feel. I do have some of the symptoms that are recorded on sites on the net.

That's my day, really. Focusing on getting someone in here more than anything. It's a great need right now and I am hopeful that one of these people on my lure will move in tomorrow, preferrably, when the room is first available.

I still haven't called my mother about the thyroid issue - she tends to get a bit carried away in the advice department and gets mad if you don't sound all that enthusiastic about hearing it. Some of her advice, however, is pretty solid.

G'day.
ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...