Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday More

I wrote a rather extensive entry about my visit to Walmart today - a place I love to hate but love the deals - at times anyways. It disappeared. It was not in my drafts as I was informed I was not signed in. Hmmm, well how did I write an entry without being signed in? The site did not give me an option to ask that question, much less get an answer for it.

Well there are other things to write about anyway.

Long day at work - wrote about that and some extreme driving challenges in getting a tractor- trailer rig into a place where one was never intended to be driven. No big deal - but today had 3 such occasions which made it unusual and also taxing on mental energy.

I came home today to find 4 holes started for doggy cover in an area where I was discussing it with the trailer tenant guy. He also finished the pond hole that I was working on all weekend. Well almost finished, it needs sand and will need to be levelled and also moved forward a bit to be under the other pond so it will feed into it, but he did a bit of work today.

I was exhausted. I got 3 hours of sleep last night and I worked 9, straight, mentally challenging hours - I only watered a few plants that needed it and came back inside.

The bright point? I am going to Miami tomorrow - up in the mountains. There are plenty of areas to pull over and find some rocks. It will the the "last" run of the day, meaning I will have time to stop, take my 1/2 hour break in finding some rocks if I can find what I am looking for. I did not get a break today - I worked straight through even though, as I relentlessly point out on my blogs, that time is automatically deducted from any day's given time.

This is just a short entry, I am not motivated and I am very tired. I forced myself to stay awake after work and am going to bed a bit early and hope to get at least enough sleep tonight.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...