Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stuff

I wonder how many people have opted out of flying - or flying as little as possible - because of all the BS games the airlines are playing? It seems like every week - or sometimes every day - some airline, somewhere, is playing a newly thought-up fee game. Pay to use the toilet? Getting rid of reclining chairs? And then there's one airline's idea that may soon be coming to have standing only passengers.

I hope THAT is a short flight!

A woman that lives in the neighborhood died today. She was in her 30's. Overdose. Drugs run rampant in this neighborhood in a certain mix of people - of all ages, actually. Meth being the drug of choice, it's amazing how grown adults even in their 50's can be addicted to such. My conodolences to whatever family, there is nothing good to be gained out of a situation like this. This neighborhood is quite the mix - a large population of older generation who have lived here 30 plus years; numerous sex offenders; lots of drug users; lots of illegals. Some nice people and some very, very cranky and un-nice people, I have had my run-ins with those that want to bully and try to dominate the neighborhood. I have a rule about that, I will NOT be shoved around in or near the place I live, period.

Got off early today - yes there was work to do but there was nothing to do after I got back and I decided to just leave an hour early. With the manager's blessing, of course. I have all of these vacation hours stacking up and soon even more, getting very near my limit, I figure to use some of them getting off early and next month, I figure to ask for a couple of days off. Haven't decided when, but I am not going to lose vacation hours when I have them coming to me, and if I get to 80, I WILL lose any more hours that are being accrued.

Today's eating - so far - has been an apple and a salad. The salad had one slice of ham, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and light dressing. I am going to have more fish and veggies in a couple of hours and that will be it for today. I've eaten no more than 500 calories worth and the fish dinner will be less than 500 calories. Actually, I will have eaten around 800 calories - considering the exertion I did at work today plus the extreme exertion I did when I came home digging out rocks and dirt, calories consumed will be far outweighed by calories expended. I've gotten FAR more serious about dieting - I will NOT turn into a human pig if I have anything to do with it - and of course - I have EVERYTHING to do with it, as well all do in our own individual case.


Tomorrow's Friday. I have heard nothing from the tenant who has disappeared yet whose truck is still in my driveway and whose room is locked. I have no clue.

I'm going to go through email about the time she moved in - I can't remember if she called me directly from my ad, thereby bypassing email or if she emailed me.

Later.
ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...