Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday

No clue how it got to Wednesday so fast. Really. I slept okay last night - I have been having some really weird dreams that I am waking up out of when the alarm goes off in the morning, hence I am remembering some of them (verus usually not remembering any of them). Today's - would take far too long to go into all of it, but it is another horror flick movie style thing where a group of us were taken hostage, removed to a huge desert compound literally in the middle of nowhere - and the whole story was REALLY strange. I think they were aliens in human form, lol.

In all of this financial chaos I have been going through with non-paying tenants lately, I managed to keep my credit-stained fingers off of the credit cards. I remember an ordeal I was going through last year I think it was - no the year before? Anyway, I was using the gas card frequently and ran that up to $300. For credit, I guess many people think that's nothing. That's huge for me, I hate getting that far into debt for something that should be included in a monthly budget in cash, not credit. I have that almost paid down to zero now. I won't be getting rid of it when it is at zero balance - it lowers your credit score by getting rid of cards and what if I need to use it again in some financial mayhem that might come my way?

I don't want to rely on credit cards - and I don't anyway - but there are uses for them beyond credit scores and I think it's good to have a few - IF - you can be responsible about it and not use it as a store spending spree to buy everything you ever dreamed about - and then start making hundreds of dollars per month on card payments with a huge chunk of that money going to interest.

I ALMOST got myself into payments on a large screen TV, but thought better about it and ridded myself of that thought that grew to unbelievable sizes inside of my head - an almost intense desire after I lost my big-screen to the house fire 2-1/2 years ago. I REALLY want another one, but sanity returned to me before I fell for it. Yes, I want one, no, it isn't any time at all to add to the monthly payment load that I already have. In fact, the better plan is to save up for one. If I thought I could me whatever the payments were going to be, then I should be able to take that monthly payment and put it in a savings account instead, paying cash for it in the end which would be 2 full years from now.

Yes, well I haven't done that though I may start if my situation improves.

Anyway, work day is here, must be offa here.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...