Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday

Well, I'm finding that my newest adventure - a pond - has all KINDS of information about it on the net. I guess the hardest part about a pond is actually installing the thing, or so they say.

Considering the rock-filled dirt on my property, I would say that would be correct!
Well, anyway, I'll undoubtedly be writing about the fun, the pain and the pain in the @$$ stuff I will endure in getting this thing put in the ground and up and running. And, I am quite sure, it will be a while before I actually have anything living in it as there are a few things I have to have before that is going to occur, including aeration/waterfall system to keep the water full of oxygen and a pump/filtration system. I have seen these things pretty cheap on CL, but right now? I'll just get the thing in the ground first, that will take some time, then think about the other stuff.

News: Stricter abortion laws enacted in Nebraska - I'm all for it. In fact, I am all for doing away with abortions completely except where the mother's life is at risk, then it's the mother's choice who lives and who dies.
Arizona - enacts the toughest immigration bill yet. I'm ALL for that as well. I read the story, not going into it here, you can find it on the news outlets. I'm still waiting to see whether this concealed carry without permit thing is going to go through.

Another plane crash. Seems like the Airbus A300 and like are having a rough go in recent times, doncha think? However, this crash sounds like they are saying it may be pilot error? Don't know yet, it'll come out sooner or later.

And yet ANOTHER earth quake. These quakes coming all over the world? Sign of the times referring to Biblical proportions? You know, like the end? Dunno that, either, I'm not God. Just interesting to watch all of this going on.

Old news: the foreclosure plan of Obama to save homes basically isn't working and a relative handful of people have actually been able to successfully negotiate a loan modification (and I can say, thankfully, I am one of those people and didn't even have to have a "company" do it for me!). 6 million families are at least 2 months behind in payments and allegedly 200,000 families receive foreclosure notices EVERY month.

Lots of turmoil in the world. I only know one thing right now: work day approaches and I must get signed in and be about the business of the company I work for : )

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...