Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Cameras Are Coming Down

I'm driving to work this morning and I hear a news blip about an upcoming story. You know, one of those little things they throw in there to get your attention so you'll stay tuned to their channel until they finally give the story. This one was about DPS Photo Radar and how it is being shut off after July 15th of this year.

This is a totally cool development. This is concerning the cameras on the freeways only, not the red light cameras in each individual city. However, there is also a referendum that is attempting to gain enough signatures to force the issue to a vote, pointedly: ALL cameras in the state of Arizona, whether on a freeway or in the city at a light. I'm not really a fan of people running red lights, but I'm also much less a fan of these friggin' cameras being all over the place. I have a ticket that I am going to contest that I got on the freeway for allegedly doing 77 mph.

Meanwhile, the "Reverend" Al Sharpton was in town spewing out his bile all over the place in a 3 mile long protest that had people coming from all of the U.S. to protest the immigration law. The R word - racist - is being thrown around like a ping-pong ball on it's table. I need not go into my opinion of these people making these ridiculous - and stupid - statements, I have already done that many times on this particular blog. But to listen to the rhetoric that was coming out of the mouths of the protestors - they were doing interviews - just awe-inspiring, in a very negative way. These people sounded like recordings of out-spoken individuals who have gained national media attention on this issue. Just press the button and play it back. In other words, they aren't thinking for themselves. Somebody said this law is racist, so by golly, this law MUST be racist.

Again, if you are going to make such aggressive statements about a thing, person or entity, at least READ the content of what the law says to be sure you aren't sticking both of your feet into your mouth.

Today? Well, fix the other pond and put it back into the ground. Fill it back up and then hopefully it will be good to go and I can put plants in both of them this weekend. Not much work in our truck routing system today, bummer. There are some transfers and pickups, but no deliveries. Still attempting to find a temporary renter, not having much luck with that. Lots of inquiries but no takers yet. I CAN live with 2 tenants if they are paying on time - but I have to really watch my p's and q's in terms of financial output. It's a real balancing act, lemme tell ya. My dad sent a check again, a huge help. That entire check will go to power this month as I am already facing $300 per month power bills. AC is running - it almost hit 100 yesterday dunno what the forecast is for today.

With that, I must be outta here.

G'day.

ben

3 comments:

Fijufic said...

Cheers to cameras coming down...

Anonymous said...

Many of the rocks you picked up in the mountains have a higher iq than most of those people interviewed on tv.

And ditto for the so-called 'journalists'.

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!

Anon HAS to be Fin!! ROFL!!
ben

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...