Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday

Weekends never seem to last very long. 
They come and then just poof, disappear into the thin blue air. 
I do have an agenda for today, but it means going to Home Depot
for one more bag of cement.  It will finish the back retaining wall
for the waterfall setup.  I will be doing that in a little while, this
foundation and retaining wall junk have been holding me up from
actually building the blooming thing.  I should have enough rocks
to actually build the waterfall, but to cover up everything on the sides?
No.  I hope sooner or later to get sent back up north and I can pick
up more off the side of the road somewhere along the way.

Just get the falls built and water pumping, that's my agenda, the heat is
coming and I can't put it off forever.  Not that I'm putting it off, it's just
taking an eternity to get the pre-work done.

Came out to the living room this morning to hear the TV blaring.
I am not a fan of 24 hour a day TV.  I find it quite annoying.  I did
a very unpopular thing and - muted it.  I WILL have some peace and
quiet around here. 

I was particularly amused to find on the news this morning that a Republican has
won a special election vote in Hawaii - Obama's home state where he carried around 70%
of the vote in the Presidential campaign.  Does this send a message? 
Guess we'll find out in November.

Meanwhile, they continue to show the devastation that this oil spill in the Gulf is
producing and talking about cleanup.  Umm, scuse me folks, but you can't really
talk about cleanup until you have the oil that gushing out of broken pipes
CONTAINED first.  I don't wonder if this oil won't make it, eventually, into every ocean? 
What's to keep it from spreading into the Atlantic and then, points further beyond?
Nothing that I can see, especially if it's going to be months before they get this other
hole drilled.  How many millions upon millions of barrels of oil will have been dumped into
the ocean by then?  How does marine aquatic life live in that kind of mess?  This is an incredible
disaster, yet I see the Federal Government doing next to nothing.  They are dumping the blame and responsibility for getting it capped onto BP. 

If I were the President of the United States - which I never will be but for the sake of argument - I would be contacting every oil drilling company in the world, putting the feelers out for the best of the best and bring in
the people that can make this thing happen.  Money?  Some things, such as this and border security, should be dealt with in a different way than say, million dollar toilets sets and $1,000 hammers. It will take an act of God - literally - to deal with this oil mess. 

Anyway, I got a lot accomplished around the house yesterday, intend on doing a "few" more things and then take the rest of the day off.  Suns play the Lakers again today.  If they lose this one, I don't give them any odds at all of winning a fourth game, meaning the Lakers move on and the Suns, once again, fall short.  No idea.  Suns seemed clueless on the court the first 2 games of how to defend against the Lakers.  If they don't come up with a new game plan, then the next 2 games are losses for sure.  I'll watch it - but if we start getting blown away again?  Just shut the thing off. 

For now, I'm going to go spend $3.97 on another bag of cement, bring it back, get those blocks in place and then I can look forward to hopefully starting the process of putting the blooming thing together - the waterfall that is.

Happy Sunday!
ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...