Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How To Get Rid Of White Flies

My Lantanna's are FULL of those freaking things.  I spray water on them and hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of the things come up into my face and fill the air.  I figured the next time the exterminator comes out, I'm going to have him spray those plants to get rid of them.

Well, he - the exterminator dude - just called.  I asked him about white flies.  He said his spray won't do anything to them........but......(I'm waiting for something about high dollars to get rid of them to come up, but then again, knowing this guy, maybe not, wasn't really sure) Dawn dishwashing liquid will. 

Fancy that.  I product you can buy for $2 at the grocery store.  Mix it with water, spray the plants.  I doesn't hurt the plants. 

Now, hear me out here. This guy could have just said: "Yes, we can deal with that, we have a special chemical that we can add to the mix.  Of course, it is expensive stuff and will cost you an extra $30 for the treatment".  He could have TOTALLY taken advantage of me, as I have never heard that Dawn dishwashing liquid gets rid of white flies. 

Instead, he tells me he will have his guy add the stuff to the mixture when he comes out next week - for no extra charge!  In 2 ways, he has totally "wowed" me as a customer: gave away an industry secret and is charging me nothing extra to use it in his next application!  THIS company and this guy that is running is a true example of excellent, quality, unbelievably GOOD customer service.  It has been that way since I started using his services.  He has ALWAYS given me great pricing on regular treatments and any special treatments that go above and beyond.  Were that every company that I deal with - Walmart comest to mind - would do the same. 

Oh, how does Dawn kill them?  It doesn't have any special "poison" in it, he tells me.  Instead, when it dries, it encapsulates them.  They suffocate and die!! 

Hey, if you happen to have this problem, you can simply put a solution of Dawn into a spray can or even a spray bottle with water and do it yourself.  Since my exterminator is doing it for no extra charge, I'm not going to bother.

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...