Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lesson Learned: I Won't Be Forgetting............

.......to shut off the irrigation drip system ever again.  I did it several times last month - sometimes up to 10 hours, just totally forgetting I had turned it on.  My water bill was almost $100 higher than normal.  I KNEW it was going to affect my bill, I didn't know it was going to be that much.  Perhaps there is merit to installing an automatic controller after all.
Regardless, I will be setting a timer whenever I turn it on and that will remind me, if I forget (which I get the feeling I won't be having much of a problem with now that it's biting my wallet) to turn it off. 

I stepped on the scale today at both branches of my work - same reading: 196 pounds.  I haven't seen it this low in a long time now.  Not that that's "low" by skinny standards, but I am definitely making progress, albeit ever-so-loving-slowly.  I don't care how slow the progress is, as long as there is progress.  If I ever break into the 180's range, that will set something off in my brain to simply finish this thing off and get it over with.  I'm trying not to get overly excited about today's readings - in my quest to lost weight, I have noticed that it will go up and down around a particular weight before it finally goes down to a lower "setting".  I'm not taking drugs, eating fancy diet foods or doing much of anything different except watching what I eat.  Even then, if I eat something "bad", I just don't eat much of it.  A bagel today?  Probably not the greatest thing for a diet, but it was the only thing I ate until I got off of work.  I then had a chicken sandwich - small sandwich and it had no mayonaisse or cheese on it (good thing). 

Mostly, and again, I have been finding that just cutting out the cheese in my diet has ramped this thing up quite a lot.  Non-fat dressings also are the only thing I am using, not reduced or half -fat - I want NO fat and LOW calories.  My Subway salads are now done without any cheese or sauces.  Just red wine vinegar.  There are times when I just have to have some cheese on something - I infrquently indulge.  I ate a LOT of cheese up until the point not long ago that I realized that that stuff is loaded with fat calories.  LOTS of them.  It was tough to stop eating that stuff, but I have managed to mostly stay away from it.  I have not had any mayonaisse on anything and I have not digressed into using ranch fat filled dressings like I used to. 

As I say, the only way to effectively diet if you just want to cut back on calories and change nothing else is to be anal about it.  Inspect every nutrition label.  If you have something without one, look it up online.  I get plenty of exercise at work, btw, and also my yard doings, so - I figured if I could just get the eating part down right, walaah. And, walaah it is.

As for now?  My UV Sterilizer came in the mail today and I already have it hooked up.  Thought I'd go outside, in the shade over by the ponds and sit there with a cold drink and listen to the sounds of the water and watch the fishies eating.

Later.
ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...