Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday already.  How does THAT kind of notion get into my head, skipping an entire day of the weekend?  I'm not really wishing Monday morning was here right now or anything like that. 
I'm contemplating whether I want to drive the distance to join up with the pond club this morning and check out what kind of people are involved with it and what kind of information I might be able to glean.  It's a bit of a drive to the house where it's being held at. 
I have less than 2 hours to decide.
The temp tenant showed up last night and handed me another week's worth of rent money.  Which is a very good thing, the money that is, I had no idea whether this guy was staying or leaving. 

In looking at and listening to the world of Mexico and Mexicans speaking from that side of the border, would you feel safe, as an American citizen, and especially if you happen to be white, in crossing the border and going over there?  White Arizonans are now being called White Supremists.  Anyone that stands for the Immigration bill is a racist.  This is the same type of thinking that went on during the presidential campaign: if you didn't like Obama, then you most definitely were and are a racist.  May I say right here that I do NOT like Obama, did NOT like Obama from the get-go, and may I also include that I am definitely NOT a racist?  I have black and Mexican people both visiting here frequently and LIVING here.  Most racists do not have the race that they hate  - living with them in their own house.

It's just pure grand-standing.  The people that are against the bill have given no logical reason for their stance.  They assume racial profiling, or "let me see your papers", that's that.  Well, if you get pulled over for a traffic stop, what are you going to have to show the police anyway?  Your "papers". 

In a different place at a different time of my life, I would be staunchly against such actions.  In this day and age, and faced with illegals moving into every state in the union - or at least on the continental 48 - sucking our system dry - I have no probelm with it.  Oh, and let's just do this to stop the mouths of the people who continue to say: "what does illegal look like": Just question EVERYONE that is pulled over, stopped, whatever.  Am a big fan of this idea? No, not really.  But if people are going to continue to shoot their mouths about this, then just make it an across the board deal.  Of course, then these opposition groups will come out with some other far-out reason to oppose it: I'm sure the words Nazi Germany will be included in that equation. 

I just walked outside.  There is a cold front that has come through - a cold front in June in the Sonoran Desert?  What's going on here?  I thought we were in the middle of global warming?  It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL out there.  The pond water is cold - maybe too cold.  Well, the fishies are moving around all over the place so I guess that isn't a big issue with them.  I had thoughts of not going to the pond meeting and start digging out there instead, but, no.  I am going to go to the meeting, check it out, meet new people, ask questions, see what becomes of it. 

With that, I must be gittin' outta here, cause' I have a 20 mile drive to get there plus I have to bring my own folding lawn chair.  You guessed it, I don't HAVE a folding lawn chair.  Kids broke the last one - which made me so incredibly mad that I gave all kinds of wonderful consequences for the stupidity of the action.  It wasn't on purpose, it was on "stupid". 

Anyway, talk to ya later.

ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...