Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday's Monday

So the U.N. has condemned the actions of Israel in killing 9 people on those boats.
I'm not yet convinced.  Israel adamently claims that those ships were "hardly on a humanitarian mission".  It's a little unbelievable that the U.N. can come out with an official statement before an investigation is done.  But, the U.N. is nothing put a puppet, it has no real teeth and that can be seen in sanctions against North Korea and Iran that have basically not worked at all.  I'll wait for the outcome of an investigation before I go around publicly condemning Israel.  What if the U.N. is wrong, are they going to apologize?

I have avidly been watching the robots undersea.  Not GREAT viewing pleasure, but fascinating none-the-less.  It's hard to determine how many different robots they have down there, I have identified at least 3 from view the live feed.  Yesterday they had a saw blade attached to one of the robot's arms and were cutting through the damaged pipe.  Dunno if they finished that operation or not. 

As for today's work, a moderate amount of stuff in there to do.  Not quite the bang I like to see a new month starting out on - can you believe it's June already?  At the beginning of many months, we see a lot of new contracts beginning with some big money orders.  Not today.

I filled out an online form yesterday with SRP - it's their plan to equalize the amount you pay every month.  Pay $225 per month every month instead of having these months where it's $450 or $400 and then other months where it's $150.  They also have a time of use plan that I want to get involved with - basically certain hours of peak use during the day where you don't use heavy draw appliances and yes you save money.  But I already knew that.  Running a dryer in 110 degree heat in the afternoon is hardly a "good" idea.  Heating up the house while you're trying to cool it?  No thanks.  My tenants never figure this stuff out, I have to put up notices.  Well, I don't think they care is more the point. I'm responsible for the electricity, let "him" deal with it.

Not.  I'm considering for future tenants to charge for each use of the machines.  People always ask me if laundry is included, I always say yes - but - it gets me to wondering if they have been in rental situations where laundry was not included. Laundry, when considering the amount of it being done in my household, adds up to a lot of money.  If I could even get a washing machine on payments, I would do it.  Those new front loaders are very energy efficient.  If I could qualify for solar water heating, I would do that to - but - my housing payment issues from last year?  Killed my credit score.

I will be looking into financing on solar water heater regardless.  If they don't want to finance me, oh well.  Worth the try anyway.  I imagine significant savings on just hot water heating alone.  When you think of 10 people taking hot showers every day, plus laundry and warm or even hot water - there you go.

Work day approaches.  My manager is off for the week, I think.  The normal replacement manager is on vacation in Hawaii.  I have NO idea who is coming in here this morning to take control, I'll guess, however, it's the ops manager.  Very beautiful morning out, cool, you would not think that later on this week, the high temp is predicted to be 107 degrees - but that's what they're calling for on Saturday. I would ask "them" to cancel that call and order and please order highs in the 80's.  I don't think "they" are going to respond, though.  : )

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...