Saturday, July 10, 2010

Absolutely Appalling

I have done almost nothing for the last 7 or so days while on staycation. Sweep the kitchen daily, make sure trash is taken out, water the plants, take care of doggies and fishies, make sure someone is cleaning up the dog mess outside, stuff like that.

I replaced the toilet seat earlier this week. I had not actually cleaned that bathroom in a while. I sometimes do that to see if anyone will bother to break down and help me out. I left a note up some time ago asking for help in that bathroom, once one of the female tenants scrubbed it, but that was it.

I think it's 2 and a half weeks since I scrubbed out the tub. The only people using that tub/shower are tenants. It was gross. I greatly dislike soap buildup on the sides of the tub, this was nasty. Not just a buildup of soap, but dirt. As the title says, absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't take a shower in THAT if you paid me. MY shower stall is QUITE clean, it always is. How can you take a shower, in attempting to get clean, when the shower itself is dirty? It's just not something I will do, cleaning it frequently is the better option.

There are fully 5 people taking showers in that tub in the main bathroom on a daily basis. It doesn't take long - that shower/tub should probably be cleaned DAILY, at least several times a week. Yes, I went in there and yes, I scrubbed it clean. 3 applications of soap scum remover before it all came off. I scrubbed the entire bathroom clean. I also tried to install a glass shelf, the screw heads were too big causing the shelf holder to not work properly. Have to go to Home Depot to get smaller drywall screws with the plastic inserts.

I'm not a fan of a dirty bathroom, I'm also not a fan of cleaning up after EVERYONE else, pubic hairs included. My Craigslist ads specifically state that any potential renters should be prepared to clean up after themselves, including helping keep the bathroom clean.

I don't know, man, it gets old. I know many people have told me that they would have just walked from this house rather than having to put up with having to deal with tenants. I go through this thought process in cycles. After cleaning up that pig stye, I'm back at the stage of cycle where I wonder about keeping the house, I always come up with the same arguments - better to keep than leave, but what a price to pay.

Well, it's done. Put that behind me for now and start in on the kitchen floor. Save the rest for tomorrow. Go out and continue work on pruning and dealing with "unruly" plants that want to grow in all different directions. It's HOT out there, even if overcast skies, the humidity must be way up because when I went out there a while ago, it felt like a hot steam room.

Well, whatever, back to work.

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...