Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday

The only thing that has been somewhat of a downer during this staycation - which is almost exactly half over now - off until time to show up at work on Monday morning - is all this fretting about finances. In reality, if the ex-Marine pays when he gets back, I'm in good shape. The female tenant is also in arrears - though only for this week. I pretty much give her leniency because her situation is rather sucky in the financial real, but, she has managed to keep up with the rent by paying $30 here, $20 there as she gets tips at work.

I cannot, however, count money I do not have. The Marine went on vacation to his parent's house I believe in Florida. They were paying his entire trip there and back, I am hopeful that he doesn't come back and try to tell me he doesn't have the money. I would not be too terribly happy about that, at all. Considering the fact he is moving out at the end of this month, that would simply mean I would be getting the shaft for a full month's rent, something I am not prepared to do. I hope this isn't a bridge that I need to cross over with him, I am hopeful he has kept the money and will pay it when he returns. He left before his monthly check from the military showed up.

The money I got from the change in my closet? Sitting in my pocket. I have made no decision concerning that money yet. I will not make such a decision until the Marine returns and I find out whether I am getting anything from him or not. If the situation was nothing, then that money has to go to help pay for child support, which is basically due by the 15th of every month. I do think I will go ahead and cash in the rest of it and see what I have - at least another $80 worth I am guessing.

Speaking of tenants, a guy that has been wanting to move in here for over 5 months now just called again. He is going through divorce, almost identical to the situation of my manager. I told him the unfurnished room is available at the beginning of next month. He at least needs a bed, apparently. I will ask my manager how much he wants for an extra bed he now has. Maybe I can make payments or something. It is much easier to rent a furnished room than unfurnished. I really would like to get dressers in all of those rooms - no, none of them have a dresser in them. I saw a freebie a while back - beautiful condition, it was gone before I could take the next breath.

Enough of that. One of my pumps wasn't pumping this morning - for the ponds. Took it apart, cleaned it out, walaah. That one had me going, I have to have those pumps operating all the time to keep the water sufficiently aerated for the fish.

I sooooo want that big pond that guy on Craigslist is trying to sell. He has been trying to sell it and 6 or 7 other ponds for almost 3 months now. Not a single taker on any of it - he wants too much money for that stuff. It's big, preformed pond, very nice. It has a big, preformed pond that feeds it and it also has a skimmer - very helpful in keeping the water clear and the debris from going to the bottom of the pond and accumulating. I have made offers, one of them he accepted but at the time, I had yet another financial emergency so I let it go. I had no idea that all of those ponds would STILL be available. This was the other option I was thinking of spending the change money on - a huge and complete pond setup.

Well, anyway, I must get on with my staycation. Lazy, lazy days!!

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...