Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Dead Fish

Lovely title, aye?
Well, that's what I found when I came home from work today.
I saw that fish and first thought that a Heron might have found my ponds and here we go, what now?
But then, I started thinking about it.  This is the pond that is above ground.  From what I have read, Heron need to be able to step into a pond.  I don't think that includes up and over almost 2 feet in heigth.

The dead fish was about 3-1/2 feet from the pond.  What Heron is going to drop a fish, as what I've read can happen, only 3 feet from a pond and not stop to pick it back up?  From what I've read, it's much further away, they're taking off, drop it, for whatever reason don't come back for it.  But 3 feet?

I surmise the thing accidentally jumped out of the pond.  It happens.  I have seen some of those fish jumping out of the water on more than one occasion.  They have, however, always landed back IN the water, not outside of the pond itself.  It undoubtedly flopped around until it could flop no more and that was the end of it.  The fish was, obviously, long dead.

Nothing I could do about that - but - I was thankful it was a goldfish and not one of my Koi.  I have too many goldfish to begin with, I am still trying to give some of them away.  That's how unpopular goldfish are in ponds and how popular Koi are - people don't even want to come get them for free.  No, I am not crying, there is no grief such as whenever I lose a dog, it's just a fish.  Koi, I wouldn't be that way, either, but I would look at the money lost and the time spent scouring Craiglist ads to get them.

Well, anyway, I HOPE it wasn't a Heron, they are plenteous in the Phoenix area but - there aren't any ponds around here that I know of.  I can say that because yes, I have looked at Google earth and other such venues for such in my area.  Plenty of pools, no ponds.  Heron aren't going to "naturally" be in this area looking for more victims.  A pond shows up on a satellite view pretty much as easily as a pool does, not quite as much cause pools are much brighter in the exposure.

Changing the subject and just throwing this out there:  We all remember 911.  Terrorists using jumbo jets as giant bombs.  This is the irony of the TSA forcing pilots to be subjected to these scanning and/or groping searches at the airports.  What would they need with a weapon if they were so inclined?  They have one of the largest flying weapons you can find: a jumbo jet, filled with fuel, a literal flying gas bomb at their disposal.  It makes no sense.  But, I am totally against both of these types of searches anyway.  One is irradiating you and also allowing naked views, the other has a complete, perfect stranger feeling out your penis, testicles, butt, vagina, boobs, it's insanity.  The protests aren't going to go away.

The argument that it's low level radiation doesn't wash with me.  I don't care what level of radiation it is, I don't want ANY part of it.

The "final" tenant handed over rent today.  All accounts are now even.  For the first time in a long time.  I have a water bill left to pay this month and that is it for recurring monthly bills excepting the mortgage - which - I get paid on Friday.  That paycheck is gone already, lol.  Electric use is way down; water use is down; food expenditures an eighth of what it used to be, if even that.  I hear people getting into a heated argument outside, I think I'll mosy out there and see what's going on - next door neighbors that is.

G'day.

ben

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday

2-1/2 days until 8 days off.
Yup, I'm counting the days now. I have this half-plucked idea I might spend a day or two before Thanksgiving going down to see dad - but - not sure about that. I think I can take a couple days off during the week between Christmas and New Year's even though I am also taking this much time off at Thanksgiving.

A nuclear free world? Obama and his attempt to get a new treaty ratification going with Russia and the apparent fact that it's going to be shot down for now. There is never going to be a world without nukes. It would be extremely stupid for the U.S. to agree to, eventually, disarm and dismantle all of them. We would be sitting ducks, available for roasting at any time. Nukes aren't meant to be used, really, just deterrents for other nations not to use THEIR'S against us.

I started toying with the idea of short-saling the house. 10, 15 years until the mortgage is equal to what the house is worth? Lol, I mean, that IS laughable. That's pretty much the projections I have been hearing for some time now. I dunno what to do. It's kinda tough to try and figure out what's next. So many people are just walking. Goodbye, c'ya later.

My next move, though, is to try another loan mod. If they won't reduce principle amount, maybe I can get the interest rate reduced another percentage point. That would bring the payment down another $200 (at least) per month. It's funny that a bank will allow you to short-sale a house - meaning they are going to accept an offer for the house FAR below what your current mortgage is on it, but - they refuse to reduce the principle amount on the mortgage making it more affordable and possible for the current individual or family to stay in it.

Whatever the case, I am seeking some way to get the total payment - taxes and insurance included - down below 1k per month. Another percentage point would bring it down to the $800 per month range. So, yes, I am going to write yet another letter of hardship, send it in and see what happens. It's worth a try and I would rather stay in that house than leave it. Rental housing, I am seeing in the Phoenix area, is getting much harder to find and the rates are going up.

Anyway, my pre-work time is about gone.

G'day.

ben

Fijufic said...

Sorry about the fish...

Fin said...

Where would you and your dog collection live if you moved out?

And do you believe one thousand five hundred nukes are ALL necessary to 'protect our freedom?'

Anonymous said...

Hiya bobby - no big deal, it happens.
Fin: Are you asserting that we should do away with nukes altogether? Are we going to allow ourselves to become sitting dukes to the likes of Iran - hellbent on getting the nukes; North Korea - they'll have the capability sooner or later; Russia - whoever? The only reason I would be comfortable with fewer of them, if that's what you're saying, is that it would be far less cost to maintain them, the silos, personnel, etc.

tayte said...

read this article webpage address go to my blog visit the site Your Domain Name

quetha said...

replica designer backpacks a83 l0s39l9u33 replica gucci e80 z6h38r1c67 cheap designer bags replica m43 x6z29f8u72

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...