Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tuesday 11/30/2010

Tuesday

Yesterday, after getting home from work, I put the turtles in "storage". Pulled them out of that cold water, one of them was quite upset about it and hissed at me. Well, whatever, turtle, according to the experts you'll be far happier in a box with padding than in freezing cold water. And so it is, they are in the storage shed as I type this.

There is a freeze warning in effect right now as well, but, the temp outside is 37 degrees. I'm not worried about my plants as this isn't cold enough to damage to any of them that I know of. I guess I'll find out later on when I get home from work. 

Unfortunately, the cold weather means the dogs are going to have to have access to the house while I'm at work. No choice in the matter, large, short-haired dogs in almost freezing weather? Gotta be able to get into some warmth.

The house is much warmer than it is outside and that without even running central heat. I turned it on for a few minutes this morning to bring the temp up a little, but, it's about 30 degrees warmer in the house than it is outside. 

"If lawmakers vote to censure Rangel, he would stand in the well of the chamber as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) delivers a verbal rebuke" I read this a few minutes ago and thought, gee, this would make great entertainment to see Pelosi rebuking a crooked politician. I'm no fan of Pelosi, yet, somehow, the entire scenario would be fun to watch, I do believe. 

Well, there's a lot in the news today, 271 before-unknown-to-exist paintings by Picasso surface; the cable fiasco; North Korea; Obama suddenly deciding it must be a good time to actually try to have a dialogue with the GOP; the teenager that was going to blow up a bomb at a Christmas tree ceremony who has pled not-guilty (good luck with that); and a massive election fraud in Haiti. Gee, we seem to hear a lot of that going on around the world, the biggest of which was Iran's so-called free elections. 

Anyway, back to the house, I finally figured out where I might be able to unload the dirt that is going to be dug out if I put a pond in the front of the house. I shut the turtle pond down yesterday and will have to decide what to do with those turtles before the winter is over. Not really there yet. The pond I might put in the front could be a turtle pond, but then, that's all it could be, I'm not really interested in that idea. I want a plant pond with smaller fish out there, not turtles that will mow down every plant I put in there. 

Ummm, that's about it for today's writings. The truck routing system is full of pickups for tomorrow - a huge delivery in the system. So large, it will take 2 full semi loads to get it all out there. So, busy today at work picking up the parts for that order plus pulling the stuff we have at our branch for it as well. Haven't driven the semi in what, almost 2 weeks? Lol.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...