Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday 2/22/2011

Tuesday

I tipped over to the dark side yesterday.
A thing I never thought I would do.
Or, at least, anytime soon.

I bought a cellphone with a key board.

Well, I have to give it a try. No contracts, just straight up, month to month service with Cricket and the second cheapest phone they had for sale at 40% off. The first cheapest one looked like a piece of junk.

The thing should arrive today - at work no less - I didn't want a cellphone showing up at my house while I'm not there.

I printed out several pages of acronyms that are "commonly" used on cellphones, see how long THAT takes to learn. 

On to other things. I wrote up a 2 page notice to tenants yesterday and realize that, even with all of that, I had left some things out of it.

Such as? Someone is leaving the water running in the bathroom. They use the bathroom sink faucet and then leave the water on. I'll gladly get rid of any tenant I actually catch doing that. 

Just stupid stuff. I assume it's the "kid" tenant, I don't know that for a fact. I also assume he's going to find a new place to live. I am not asking him to leave, but - I am not being quite as amenable as I was before his outburst on the phone. I don't appreciate tenants yelling at me and certainly coming from a 20 something, all the less enjoyable. 

It left a bad taste in my mouth that I can't quite get rid of. It just sort of lingers.

The world. IT's as foul and bad as ever. Iranian ships passing through the Suez canal? A huge earthquake in New Zealand? The battle in Wisconsin. WalMart is tanking - who cares. The analysis is that they changed their format: take away the low prices, bring in things that their core customer doesn't want and - their customers leave for other pastures.

Perhaps that is true. However, my problem with Walmart is the utterly terrible, lousy, crappy - insert many more adjectives here - customer service attitude that they take against their own customers. It has always been that way and as far as I'm concerned, it always will be. That doesn't stop me from going in there and buying dog food. But, I don't go in there NEAR as much as I used to before encountering more than a handful of outrageous incidents of extremely poor treatment from customer service devils in the disguise of humans............

My morning rituals seem to get interrupted frequently. This time? Expected. The uniform guy comes here early since - I am here and he can deal with an account and get one thing under the belt. 

Oh, we are moving to a new building. The building this store is in now? An old piece of junk. Utter garbage. Literally. The new building? Beautiful. Right on the main drag, too - Arizona Avenue in Chandler. The catch? August. It ain't happening until August. Gag. Like, pick one of the hottest months of the year to move an entire store's worth of inventory...........

I'm outta here, work day is here.

ben

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday

I was wondering when the fury would start.

AZ is in the works to try and pass another illegal "immigrant" bill that will make the SB1070 bill put out last year look like fluff and roses in comparison.

Boycott Arizona - I'm sure that mantra will start up all over again. The democrats in the state senate are saying the senate leader should focus on the economic condition of our state.

Yes, I think he is, would be my point. When you have hundreds of thousands or even millions of people using our healthcare system at no cost to them, that would be a GREAT place to start with getting the budget balanced. I particularly like the part of this bill that states that a child is not automatically a US citizen simply because they were born here if their parents are illegal aliens.

You get rid of that little incentive to come over here and you will get rid of a lot of them attempting to cross the border altogether, imo.

One more thing: It makes it illegal for an illegal alien to drive a vehicle in the state with a 30 day MINIMUM jail sentence and seizure of their vehicle if convicted. Do you know how many of those people are driving around here that do not have car insurance, get into accidents and get off scott free?

Of course, I'm sure this will all be challenged, but, it needs to be brought to the Supreme court, especially this issue of automatic citizenship if born here.

Umm, well time is running out here. I'm going crazy trying to figure out all the options on this new phone. And then, when you understand how to do something on it, remembering how it was doing to begin with......

G'day.

ben

Fin said...

"1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

This is what they are up against.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Fin. Maybe those babies should have dual citizenship, though, cause' the uprise against us paying for them to come over here and freeload on our welfare is only growing, not shrinking. The parents bring them here for that purpose alone, but the parents are here illegally. If the state of Arizona could eliminate having to pay for free healthcare, food stamps, education - all of it - for these people, the savings would be astronomical. This issue may never have risen up as it has now if the state were not in such financial chaos. It would just have gone on as always and the illegals would keep coming over here sucking our system dry.
ben

Thursday
I'm not a fan of blind dates, but that's exactly what's going to happen tomorrow. I like to talk to people in email or on the phone - or texting I guess - see a pic of them before I even think about going on a date. Oh well, it should be interesting if nothing else, lol.

I went into a vendor's place of business yesterday to pick up some materials. The man looked at me, asked me why I'm there. Not in a nice way, either. "Are you here for 80 of those lids?". No, not 80 of them, 25 of them, I reply.

LEAVE. GET OUT OF HERE. This was this man's words to me! I have never seen this man before in my life, I did not start trouble with him, I had only been in there less than a minute before his declaration was made. He then went into a litany of how "we" are always sending P.o.'s over to them and then showing up 10 minutes later to pick them up.

Business must be good for that company, is all I can say it, to be telling people to take a hike because we are "showing up too early". 25 plastic lids. I figure it might take 5 minutes max to box them up and have them ready, MIGHT take that long. I called the salesman on the account who took it up with our operations manager who apparently called them to ask what the problem is.

I never really heard what the outcome of it was, I was informed by the Ops manager that they told him it wouldn't be ready for at least 30 minutes and instructed me to leave. Notta problem, I had ALREADY left, no way was I going to stick around there listening to this guy's abuse. This dude actually followed me out the door with his narcissm and vitriol, barking at me as I was getting in to the truck and taking off. I tuned it out and considered the source.

Anonymous said...

I also am making it a quest to find another distributor of that material. I am told that they are the only one in town. Maybe that's true, but I will be calling the manufacturer to find out if that's fact or fiction, cause that company? Can go jump in a lake. I got back to the main branch and another driver told me he had been exposed to the same thing: told to leave. Lol. The manager downtown had less than kind words: "They're all A$$holes over there".

Okay, well, at least it wasn't just me. That was good to know.

I left a note for the tenants yesterday on the kitchen counter. I'm just not going to put up with some of the stuff going on. Either stop the behavior or go find a house full of slobs to live with, cause' my house ain't workin' out for you. My biggest gripe is the same as it always is: people not wanting to help with cleaning the bathroom. Yesterday's message was far more blunt than anything I have ever left before. Help clean the bathroom, pay $10 to opt out or go find a person's home to live in that doesn't care if you want to live like a pig.

I'm simply not going to have people like that living in my house, period. I make it well known that I expect tenants to clean the bathroom periodically, yesterday's note defined that: once per month and that room would be taken care of if each person did it. If one or all three take offense at it and want to leave, goodbye. Don't let the gate hit your @$$ on the way out.

Issues with tenants, always issues. Some things I can tolerate, some things there is a clear-cut line drawn. Now, I am seeing that the kid tenant is going to be having "financial difficulties". He got a new job, but allegedly isn't going to get paid for almost 3 weeks. It isn't just rent that comes into play with a person in that kind of situation, it usually also is disappearing food and drinks as well.

I get really tired of all of this from time to time.

Whatever.

I am still working out, to change the subject, I have made it 2 days this week, I intend on going to day for a 3rd day and hopefully a weekend day for a 4th. My minimum I have set for myself so far is 3 days per week. I am not going to say that I necessarily like going to gyms with a bunch of egomaniacs with big arms and chests, strutting around acting like they are God's gift to mankind in general, I pretty much ignore them but still. Just leave me alone, don't bother me while I'm working out and it'll all be good. I don't consider the place a social club, I just go in there, work out to the max and get out of there. Yesterday's workout was 40 minutes, 20 of it on that Stairclimbing machine. I hit the free-weights for the other 20 minutes, decided that was enough and left.

I am not going to stress over long workouts or if I go in there, do 30 minutes on the stair machine and decide that's enough for one day. I'm reintroducing myself to the world of gyms, workouts and the discipline of going a minimum number of days per week. I need an MP3 player or something to play my favorite motivation music, that would help immensely. They do crank some workout music in there, though and it's not that stupid stuff that does nothing but annoy and aggravate the olfactory senses more than anything.

Ummm, I guess that's it. I mean, there's more, I just felt like a venting session was in order. This union fight that is now spreading like wildfire all over the country is interesting to say the least.

But, I don't really feel like going into politics, so, with that, I bid you....a....
G'day.

ben

 Sunday - early 20 minutes until departure time.  I don't much care for delivery on Sundays for it takes a while to get security to the ...