Thursday, March 31, 2011

Neighbor Threatening My Life Over Cats?

Let me just preface this by saying: THIS is one of the reasons I would LOVE to be OUT of this neighborhood!

The extra-large "man" living 2 houses down that spent 9 years in prison for selling drugs has now threatened my life, apparently.

I wasn't home when this happened, earlier today.

Mark (trailer tenant) was out talking with my next door neighbor - the one that just had his house burn down - when this idiot comes barging out of his house, beelining across my neighbor's yard to get to Mark.  I wasn't there, so I'm just giving the story as I heard it.  This guy starts in on Mark:  You should leave the property now and all the other tenants should leave, too.

Why?  Because "if another cat that I care for or like disappears, I am going to call my friends that are out of prison and they will come over and take care of him" - referring to me.  So, it's worth killing or mauling a person because of ferral, stray cats?  Lol.  You probably can't tell, but I am not shaking in my boots.  The man HAS no friends.  The ONLY person I have ever seen go over to his house is his mother.

His mother is paying his way through what you would call his life.  He doesn't work, he doesn't do anything.  He sits around all day long, snooping.  He is bored, I am sure, looking for and starting trouble is in his DNA. I have already had a couple of encounters with this idiot, but nothing with this kind of stated intention.  I do not, however, believe him.  He is the of the bully nature.  I have seen this over and over again since he appeared seemingly out of nowhere, a new house was placed on that property and he started "living" in it.  He wants people to fear him.  Unfortunately for him, I have absolutely no fear, whatsoever, of this moron and further, I intend on pursing a course of action - all legal, yes - against him that will put a stop to this nonsense, at least coming towards me.

He is directing his bullying energies towards the wrong person.  I don't care what else I have going on in my life, I will go out of my way to make sure that legal misery comes his way if he continues to pursue this course of action.  A restraining order is the first thought that comes to my mind.

Anyway, Mark wasn't falling for this guy's BS, either.  "If a cat comes onto my property, it doesn't belong there.  If it is shitting and pissing all over the place and destroying property while it's at it....."  on and on.

It never ceases to amaze me the crap that goes on in this neighborhood.  If these people think I am going to sit around while their cats SHIT on my plants and destroy them, they have another thing coming.  I don't give a rat's ASS about their free-roaming cats that go destroying other people's property, whose owners don't give a damn, one way or the other.  I KNOW this because I have spoken with my next door neighbor about his cats - the guy whose house burned down.

He's living in a motorhome on the property.  His 2 cats are with him.  They come over to my front yard and crap and piss on my flowering, ground covering plants.  A huge portion of those plants have been trampled and are dead.  He joked about it 2 days ago: they're givers! They leave you a present when they visit!  He was laughing, I was NOT.  He then said something about my dogs - which is when I stated in somewhat harsh tones that "My dogs do not come over to your property and SHIT all over it".  Maybe I should start taking bags of dog crap over there and dumping it in his pile of dirt and see how HE likes it.

Yes, the cats are the core issue here, or are they?  No, in the case of the idiot.  His issues go far beyond cats.
I have modus operandi to get him into trouble if I have to.  Not just restraining orders.  This guy has a short fuse, it doesn't take much to get him going.

I don't know, but after I got over my initial anger - the thoughts that came into my head of what to do with a person that is threatening me I won't print here or speak anywhere, frankly - and yes I just stayed in the house until calm, cool and collected returned - I came up with a plan.  Of course, I have to wonder where this guy got his information from, because as far as catching cats goes, I haven't spoken it to anyone outside of my house.

This guy is also starting trouble with the people across the street.  The guy across the street comes home, sometimes, in a city vehicle, doing whatever he's doing.  So, this idiot says he shouldn't be doing that and that he is going to get him into trouble.  Actually, his stupidity is going across the neighborhood, but, now that he has threatened both me and potentially my tenants, he has flipped the switch and now?  I don't wish him good luck, I wish him good riddance as I am going to do everything in my power that is legal to either get him to leave the area or to shut the freak up, stay in his house and keep his junk to himself.

7 comments:

John0 Juanderlust said...

Good luck. I hope your plan works out. Creeps like that need to be somewhere far from people who live and mind their own business. I have no use for punks and overgrown punks. Some people never outgrow the stage of being a 13 year old ignorant bully. And many are not all that tough.

Anonymous said...

Well, if he comes and threatens me, it is going to be caught on audio and I will immediately be calling the police. Maybe I should just catch every damned cat that comes through my yard. That would reduce the cat population in my neighborhood by quite a number of them - and perhaps tilt this guy over the edge. He is NOT that tough, just obese. Extremely obese. One tends to get that way when one does absolutely nothing in life.

Anonymous said...

Friday

Let me note something here about the cat post I made yesterday: the guy threatening my tenants and I does not own any cats. The neighborhood ferals apparently like to go over there - which is great, let him take them into his home while he's at it!

I attempted to get that guy to come out of his house yesterday, he wasn't budging.

Next: The newest tenant calls me yesterday evening. I'm thinking, what now? I don't get calls from tenants unless something's going on - usually something in the negative range of things. Well, what he wanted was something we had already discussed, so no biggies there. He wanted to bring his girlfriend up from Tucson and have her move in with him. Yes, for a price, and additional $100 per month to cover extra utility usage. I have had these arrangements before and generally have not had any problems with it - but - there's always a first time. That's a done deal already, she's there and whatever. Another body to stuff the house with, I don't really care as long as it doesn't turn into a problem.

Obama. I am quite sure I will never figure this guy out. We are now pulling our fighter jets out of Libya and stopping the air combat? What IS this guy's deal? We don't go in and then just pull out. I hope the French don't do the same. I read something somewhere that defines Obama very well: He is NOT a leader. That pretty much sums him up. Look at his inability to do anything about getting Congress to come up with a budget that is agreeable to both sides. He hemmed and hawed about Libya until after the French went in and started it for us. The health care bill was largely forced through by Reid and Pelosi. Obama had closed door meetings, yes, but I don't really give him the credit for that bill, not that I think there is anything good about it anyway. It's just another unsustainable act of the federal government to take over something in the private sector that the government shouldn't be meddling with. But, I've thought this all along: he doesn't have any balls and it shows, glaringly.

Anonymous said...

End of work week is finally here. For whatever reason, yesterday felt like Friday. Today just feels like another work day. One thing to do in the truck routing system and that's it.

My great plans for the weekend include the same thing I have been doing for 3 weekends in a row: dealing with weeds, grass and pruning back, carefully, dead branches on trees and plants. (We'll be open in 13 minutes, I am thinking to myself as the DC truck is now backing into the driveway, undoubtedly wanting to come in here and have me stop what I am doing and deal with that, even though I am not on the clock - front door locked this time, thank you).

Oh, this weekend I will also be pulling everything out of my walk-in closet, going through all of it and undoubtedly chucking some stuff. The reason? Well, yes it does need cleaned out, but I am also looking for some paperwork dealing with the tax issues for 2007. I don't HAVE to have them, but I would like them for back up. They are replaceable, I guess, but at no small amount of aggravation. I am pretty sure they are in there somewhere, just have to go through everything, clean it up and deal with the mess. Yes, it's the one place in my house where the "hoarding" mentality sort of took over. I hope to have that situation dealt with by the end of Sunday. There are clothes in there - bags of them - that need to go to Goodwill; my tools are in disarray, that's where I keep them so they won't "disappear"; and lots of other stuff in there as well. Plus, hopefully, that tax information. Otherwise, I will have to call the company that dealt with the payments concerning that issue and have to pay them $15 to get it for me, but only if the IRS demands that paperwork or calls me in for an audit.

Other than that, life is grand. My mother is finally getting over the sickness that pretty much took her down for over a week; my dad is full fledged into moving to Tucson; my brothers I have no clue and don't care; my relatives on the east coast I have found out through an email my dad sent out to all of them are planning a reunion in August, of which I have serious doubts I will want to go to, even IF I have the money to pay for such a venture.

That's it!

Have a great day! (unless you are that obese neighbor that thinks you are god of the street we live on [and no, it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow found this site, so if you are reading this: PISS OFF!]).

ben

Fijufic said...

I haven't had an encounter with a neighbor like that ever. i have had to have some difficult conversations but we always come to a resolution pretty quickly.

I'm easy. I can be a mischievous neighbor however.

Old Fatso will get himself worked up to have a heart attack.

Cheers,
Bobby

Fin said...

Animals and kids probably cause more neighbor fights than any other cause, followed by loud noise and bad parking.

I am heartily glad I have few neighbors close by at either location.

BenB said...

Bobby - I am going to say that you have a completely different situation there than here. This guy is an ex-con, I am surrounded by pigs for neighbors who will ONLY respond to the city of Phoenix threatening them with fines if they don't clean it all up.
Fin - agreed and I have had to deal with all of it. Someday my ship will come in and I will move out of here, until then, just have to deal with it.
ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...