Thursday, September 8, 2011

Obama To Throw Away Another Half Trillion?

I don't really have much to say about this, except I hope that it is summarily rejected.
The government is not going to save the economy because it CAN'T save the economy and frankly, it doesn't EXIST to save the economy.

Fin and Bethany are going on vacation with a stopover in Phoenix. Stopover meaning the airplane lands here, they're here for a couple of hours and then they move on. I will be there to meet them both in person! I've only met a few "internet" friends in the past.

NFL football is back. I need not say more, I love NFL football and that's that.

Heat has not gone away - yet. 109 degrees today. Thank you, I was out in the sun sweating profusely on numerous occasions. When September ACTUALLY arrives with cooler temperatures, then the announcement will be made that September has arrived. I am actually getting to the point that I despise living in this city and would love nothing more than to get out of here.

My dad is talking about moving to San Antonio. Yikes. Well, nice knowing ya, dad, probably won't be seeing much of you if you do, indeed, move there. San Antonio Texas is quite the drive from here. Okay, about a thousand miles. In my 20's, I could drive 1,000 miles in a day. I'm not joking and I didn't have help and I did it many times over. I'm thinking about a day and a half, though I drive pretty fast, so who knows. He is seriously talking of moving there, more power to him. I am quite sure this has to do with his wife wanting to be closer to her kids than it has to do with anything, but it's his life.

I dunno. Life is taking some strange turns right now, I'm not exactly sure where all of this is going to end up.

One thing I am sure of? This entry is over.

G'nite.

ben

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for agreeing to say howdy. We are looking forward to it.

San Antonio is where we had our second date, so I at least have very good feelings about San Antone. A thousand miles is a good distance even for a little plane, though you might find some decent airline fares. They'd probably send you there by way of Denver tho. fin

Anonymous said...

Hiya Fin
I used to drive through San Antonio regularly and also spent some time in the city. Brings back memories of missionary days.
ben

Anonymous said...

Friday
I have plans this weekend.
My plans, at least half the time, never seem to work out.
So, I will say I have a tentative proposal to myself to drive up to the rim and visit my mom. Her birthday is on Sunday, which is, yes, 9/11. That would have to happen tomorrow, as I am not much into Sunday trips anywhere.

Depending on which weather report you wish to believe - they never agree with each other on projected forecasts, Sunday will cool down to around 100 degrees high temp. This NEEDS to happen. It is also supposed to rain - heavily. That also NEEDS to happen and should have happened many times over during our monsoon season.

So, my room rental woes will continue on shortly. Mario is leaving soon enough. He just had his tonsils removed and is moving back to - Minnesota. I think I have said Michigan in the past, and that is incorrect, he is from Minnesota.

Regardless, round 3 of getting room mates. I have just replaced 2 of them - with no indication from either as to how long they might stay and I am not currently asking them that question. There are a lot of low-ballers out there: people who want a room that I might as well just give away to them for the amount they want to pay. $250 for a room with satellite, wifi, access to everything in the kitchen, utilities included and laundry privileges?

I don't think so. I already put up a homeless couple that really aren't homeless anymore, especially after getting that nicer 5th wheel RV trailer. They help me out, I am not complaining at all, I am simply stating the obvious: I don't need another set of those in my house. I also don't need another person doing "housecleaning" and all of that. Then there are the people who respond saying they will do the FWB thing - sexual favors. IN other words, I have a live-in sex toy to play with whenever I want? Even more amazingly these offers come from BOTH genders, lol. Then there are these people that are "naturists", they like to call themselves. They want to move into your house and then be able to walk aorund naked all the time!

This is only some of what you get when publishing posts in Craigslist offering a room for rent. The only person I am thinking of helping out right now is Kyle and he doesn't turn 18 until January. He has 3 jobs and has expressed interest in moving in after he gets to the age. He has obviously taken huge steps to straighten out his life - ie: he was doing heroin and whatever other drugs and on the run for some time. He also impregnated a girl and now has a baby. I guess that's why he's working 3 jobs, lol.

Anyway, work day approaches.

G'day.

ben

becomingkate said...

It's exciting that you'll get to meet Finn and Bethany! Have a good time!

BenB said...

Hiya Kate! Yes, it will be totally cool to meet them!

Dorrie said...

give a hug from me to Fin and Bethany! As you may know, I met Fin in Scotland years ago and it's HIS fault that I joined JS! lol

Anonymous said...

Ben, I'm looking forward to the visit. It's always nice to meet our internet friends in person.

Bethany

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...