Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday 9/1/2011

Thursday 9/1/2011

Well at least I'm not the only one thinking along these lines.
I have been saying for a couple of weeks now how hot it has been for this time of year. The temps are supposed to be dropping down into the low 100's range, instead, we are STILL slated for a 111 degree high today and tomorrow!

Apparently several records were set here for the month of August, including being right up there for the hottest month, ever, including all other months!

This is insanity and I demand that Mother Nature turn on the Air Conditioning! The COOL air conditioning, not the blooming HEATER!!

Let's take the projected highs into next week: 108; 109; 109; 108 and then it shows a high of 105 the next day. Absolutely unacceptable. Do you know what this heat is doing to my electric usage?!!!!!!

Okay, so it's hot, next. The tenancy blues.....are only going to get worse. The kid tenant is leaving on the 11th. He is going back home. Apparently he has had enough of Arizona, lol. Unfortunately, that will leave another room needing an occupant and I am already struggling with getting the other room rented. Whatever. I continue to have sporadic respond to my room rental ads and I haven't checked roommates.com account yet to see if there is any interest. Be doing that in a bit.

Well, busy looking day today. Yesterday was ridiculous. So, I'm out of here.....into the heat.

ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friday
On the cusp of a 3-day weekend.

Yesterday - 11 hours and 15 minutes of straight, non-stop work. Most of it in intense heat and most of that in the direct sunlight. The good thing is I got some OT that won't go away by sending me home early today. The reason is that there is too much to do in the system today, it will take at least until my normal quitting time to get all of it done.

I stopped by the urgent care place yesterday to get the results. Negative. Nothing wrong with you. Great, then what is this pain? Am I dreaming it? Am I making it up? Not hardly. I have been looking for a doctor, I will continue searching.

The idea that texting while driving shouldn't be completely and totally banned is nonsense. I heard this from some government "dude" yesterday and about threw up. I see this crap on the freeways every single day. You see someone swerving back and forth in front of you, almost guaranteed it's a person who is texting first and driving second.

Or the lady yesterday. Heavy, rush-hour traffic. She is keeping 2 hundred feet of space between her and the car in front of her so she can .........what else: text while driving. Her car is moving from one side of the lane to the other. She speeds up, slows down, speeds up, slows down. I have a great view from the perch it is sitting inside of a semi, I can see right down into cars and see what drivers are doing in there.

Of course, since we are going onto maddening habits that drivers do, let me just go into this one again. Stuck behind a vehicle for miles going 10, 15 even 20 miles per hour slower than the speed limit. Driving a semi, you can't just cut in and out of traffic, you are usually stuck behind a person like this for a long time waiting for traffic in the other lanes to clear.

So it was the other day. Stuck behind this person for 10 minutes going 55 in a 65 zone. When I FINALLY was able to get out from behind this driver, I sped up. Guess what? This person suddenly is going 70mph. It happens ALL the time, it is not an infrequent occurence.

Well whatever. Workday is almost here and there is quite a lot to get done. I'm still worn out from yesterday.

But, that is no excuse, right? lol

G'day.
ben

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...