Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday 10/23/2011

When you get the rare occurrence of getting the right mix of tenants, you end up getting some peace in the house. In this case, the newest guy is gone every weekend. He goes to his girlfriend's house. The next newest guy is rarely ever here - he works and goes to school. The 3rd guy just finished school so that isn't taking up all of his time, but he works and then goes out with his friends.

I have been toying with a new idea, not really giving it considerable serious thought, but something planted in the brain anyway: just letting this place go and go move into the 5th wheel trailer and save money like crazy for a couple of years. I could probably find a place that would take my dogs and I could take one of my ponds with me - the horse trough one. I could save around $600 to $700 per month and continue that for a few years.

But then I start thinking about the amount of work I have done on this property and really, to just kiss it goodbye, getting nothing out of it but a boot in the pants on the way out, doesn't set real well with me.

The wallpaper for the newest trailer has been ordered. No idea how long it will take to get here. Longer than I want it to, I am sure.

I have seen none of 350 man since the injunction was upheld. Well, once, he was across the street with his mother at their new property. I'm sure he has to be sweating it a bit. He can't stand there and do his stare-downs anymore. That, according to the judge, would be a violation of the order. He can't point his finger at me, he can't do ANYTHING towards me, he can't say anything to me and that is a year's worth of that. He stated in court that he's worried about me making some "false" claim that he has done something and with his past record, he would get into serious trouble.

Yes, well I am not the kind of person to call police and make false accusations/claims towards people. That wouldn't stand well with my Christian faith, number one and number two, I just plain wouldn't do something like that. Now if he DOES something, that's an entirely different story. Bearing in mind the considerable amount of trouble he has started with me, I would have no problem calling the police and reporting him, Injunction in hand, I just wouldn't. If he lets it all go and leaves me alone, we're good.

I have this feeling that the trouble isn't over yet. I already know there is troubling brewing with them living in the trailer. I don't know if having 2 trailers on one property is a violation. I don't know what else they could try to throw at me, but I have braced myself for such eventuality.

The trailer park they found to put the RV in was not what they said it was. The landlord called over here on my Magic Jack yesterday and I answered. I asked a number of questions. Yes, they are offering a lot at $200 per month, BUT, you have to sign a 1 year lease and after 6 months, the rent doubles. I asked her about month to month lots - $400 per month inlcudes $70 towards utilities. Yes, well that is out of their price range. I am just waiting for the city to make their determination before I get on this bandwagon and start looking myself. I already know of a couple of places that must be cheap - considering the appearance of the places. Not exactly nice, but it's only temporary and it's what they can afford if the rent is cheap enough. If they don't like those places and they can't find a place on their own, then I am going to have to part ways with them.

Well whatever, I have about an hour left in time to go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather out there before I have to come back in and get ready for church.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...