Thursday, November 24, 2011

11/24/2011 Happy Thanksgiving

So this is it. The day before Black Friday.  But you know what?  The laptops that are going to be available in the stores aren't really - all that great.  You would have to upgrade them and by the time you spend that money, you might as well have bought the more expensive units that will give you more for less money when you add up all the costs.
However, Best Buy's 42 inch flat screen HD TV for $199 is a deal that you aren't going to find every day of the week or even every month of the year.  The problem? People are CAMPING in front of those stores! That's pure insanity.  Yes, it's a great deal, but worth sitting out there for days and days or being out there straight through Thanksgiving?
Not hardly.
Here's what I'd rather do, since getting one of those TV's is going to be next to impossible.  Get a smaller - say 19 inch - flat screen for my 5th Wheel.  I will need a TV up there and a flat screen, obviously, takes up much less room. Plenty of those are on Black Friday sale at great prices.  I really want to score a laptop or similar computer is my main objective.  The computer that is one of the things people are waiting for outside the store at Best Buy? Is available online at midnight.  Lol.  It DOES have 4 gigs of memory but the guru's are stating it is lacking other "essentials" that make it less desirable.  Yes, for $299 you can't expect the world.

Whatever.  I am going out to my mom's today, be there around noon.  Thanksgiving dinner, of course.  I will be the only one of my brothers that will be there.  My oldest brother doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving with family anymore - he quit doing that several years ago.  My middle brother has a weird schedule with being a paramedic and has to work today.

Oh, I have tomorrow off.  I was told we were working Friday and that was my assumption all the way through yesterday at work.  An email was sent out by the OPs manager about our particular branch being closed on Friday - but that email was only sent to managers, not everyone.  I had no knowledge of our branch being closed down until I started commenting about what we are going to do on Friday.  My manager is giving me a blank look.  ???  He didn't bother to inform me that we are closed on Friday and if I hadn't said something, I would have gotten up and gone to the branch on Friday morning - for nothing.  He had assumed that email had been sent out to everyone, which it had not.  Well, that gives me the opportunity - if I really want to - to go to one of these sales that start at midnight tonight.  I have not decided yet.

Well, I am going outside to enjoy some beautiful weather.

G'day and Happy Thanksgiving!
ben

2 comments:

Sunny said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, BEN AND THANKYOU :)
You sure are right about the laptops.
I was wrong in the price in my Best Buy post. Your's is correct.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

At my apartment bldg, we have a cook who makes dinner daily.

Today she is making "turkey and all the trimmings."

I'm baking a Acorn squash ( it was grown not far from my home in Michigan!!)

and I have my no sugar-added, Pumpkin pie from the bakery ... I'm happy and I am blessed :)
And today I'm giving you a Thanksgiving Day (hug)!

BenB said...

Awwww, thanks for the hugs, Sunny, cyber-hugs back to you and hope you have a blessed, wonderful Thanksgiving! The dinner sounds incredible, btw : )

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...