Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday 11/14/2011

The work week clock starts afresh.
Sometimes I wish that clock could slow down a bit on the weekends.
Won't have an extra day off until Thanksgiving day and then, will have to
go to work the day after.  
But it's okay, I have 3 days off at Christmas, plus Christmas weekend and
the Monday after is a holiday, totaling 6 full days off.  

I got quite a bit more done on the front yard yesterday.  I'm at the hardest part, frankly, because I have to get underneath this giant bush/tree thing to get at the junk that's under there, clean it out and then lay both the landscaping rock and put down the other kind of rock next to it.  So I'm not really calling that particular part of it fun by any means - but it will look much nicer and therefore be worth the effort.

Meanwhile, the neighborhood kids tell me that Randy told Sam -the dude that is hoarding behind me - that when he gets into court to tell the judge that he's crazy, not all there and doesn't really know what the ticket is all about.  The guy got ticketed for the unbelievable mess over there.  Well, even if the judge buys that story, that still does not give him a pass to have that property like that over there. 

Obama saying that "all options are on the table".  What table?  I would hate to see us going into another war, but I don't see Iran as anything but a global threat.  The longer everyone sits on their hands about this, the closer Iran will get to getting nukes.  That's it.  Fire one off at Israel and there's the beginning of WWIII - or - the beginning of the end.  

Whatever.  Gotta git, work starts in half an hour.

G'day.

ben


2 comments:

Fijufic said...

Iran is not Iraq and their people are very informed about world events...It would be a mess if we took a poke at Iran. Frankly North Korea is something that really bothers me more than anything else and even then they are staying quiet.

BenB said...

It might be a mess, but I believe it will be a far greater mess if we just let this go on without taking action. I am not for starting a war, I am for taking out the facilities. If they start a war with us because of that, so beit. Iraq? I'm glad we're out of there. Afghanistan? I saw the idea of going in, looking for Osama, but that's long, LOOOOONG over and it transmuted into what it is now. We should have been out of there a long time ago. But Iran? Their nuclear ambitions need to be stopped.

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...