Monday, November 28, 2011

Network

I was down in AZ City today.  I had to wait for a while for the contractor to even think about stopping what they were doing and get to my truck to unload it - so - I pulled out the Verizon router/modem and the computer and fired it all up.  I could not get 4G network in Arizona City, AZ, but no great surprise considering it's a hole in the earth out in the middle of nowhere.  I was able to get 3G on the router and able to get on the internet.  Slower than the 4G network, apparently and considerably slower speed, the internet was still function anyway.

I was happy to have any coverage and tried several of the things I normally do on line  and it all worked, just took longer to download the pages and get on the sites.  I'm sorta half expecting 3G coverage up on my mom's property. I would rather have 4G, of course, but I do wonder if that will be available up there and my gut feeling is: no.  Not the end of the world, as long as I have coverage, it might be a wee bit irritating at times on longer loading times, but I will be happy to have any kind of coverage that works well enough to do what I want to do.

LONG day at work.  Almost 11 hours.  Management is moving our store today;  They were trying to move the store, I should say.  They rented a semi and  -  it broke down after the first load, lol.  So, I get a call at - 1:00pm or so, get back there as fast as I can. Yup, but I am waiting for these people to unload the truck.  I got back and - found a trailer loaded on the street.  That was the beginning of hours of unending, unstopping work.

Which means I got absolutely nothing else done today that I was expecting to get done after work.  Gag.

It also means I am worn out.  I have no energy, ending this one and going to go to bed early tonight.

ben

4 comments:

Fijufic said...

I have 4g but 99% I just am able to use wi-fi in whatever network I am near...

BenB said...

Well, the places I go to have no wifi available. Maybe a house/residence has it but those are usually locked up with a password. The only drawback at this point is that the computer battery doesn't last anything near the length of time the claims on the box says it will - but I would have to guess they sell a car charger for it, so that will be next on the list.

Anonymous said...

Or you can get an adapter (may be called an inverter) which plugs into the cig lighter and has a 110v plug at other end. Radio SHack.

f

BenB said...

Thanks Fin, I'll stop in there and see what they have. Take my puter' in there with me to make sure I am getting whatever is correct for that application.

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...