Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday 11/3/2011

Personally, I would hate to see the US Postal service go under. I like to see the mailman come and bring the weekly circulars, all the lovely bills, sometimes a letter or a postcard. I could, however, live without Saturday service, even though they are suggesting that should be a "last" option.

What kind of sick minds are they that would drop a shopping cart 4 stories onto a woman's head? And then, it turns out they are 2, 12 year old boys? And worse, that they were laughing about it after they were taken into custody? Maybe if they were thrown into an adult population incarceration facility filled with prisoners that have life sentences their laughter would go away. What kind of society are we becoming that produces children like this? It doesn't really speak well for us as a whole.

I'm tired from yesterday. Coming back in the semi on the Phoenix freeway system, there were fully 4, separate accidents and even more cars pulled over by ADOT Highway Patrol. Basically a 40 mile parking lot. And in those accidents, one wonders how many of them were caused by people texting and not paying a single bit's worth of attention to the much more important task at hand: drive your freaking vehicle and put the texting phone down. Well at least it's Thursday.

Here's a nice one: my Fingerhut account is close to being paid off. I had that up at around $600 at one point. I decided that getting that and a couple of other accounts paid down is the thing to do. The lower my balances, the better for my credit score. One of them is up near 700 which was, not too terribly long ago, at an all time low of around 500 because of the house modification and having to let my payments go for a couple of months.

Odd, isn't it? They won't help you unless you are behind on your payments. So you intentionally let your payments go - hey, I used the money for good purposes - then apply for the modification, get the modification and your past due stuff disappears. I got a reply back from my mortgage company about refinancing the loan.

They didn't even address the question. They said I don't qualify for a principal reduction since it is an FHA backed loan. Isn't that nice? I didn't ASK them about that, I asked them about refinancing the loan. Just like any big corporation, whoever "read" the letter at MidFirst Bank didn't read it at all. They just skim over it, if even that, and then give you an automated reply. I ALREADY got this SAME, exact reply months ago when I asked for a principal reduction. It irritates me to no end when you send an email or even send in a snail mail asking a specific, particular question and the answer you get doesn't even begin to address your concerns, at all. MidFirst is hardly the only company that does it, but this is a bit more important than an online game I am playing or much of anything else for that matter.

Whatever the case, my time is up, there is a LOT to do in the truck routing system today, I will be busy, that's for sure.

G'day.

ben

1 comment:

Fijufic said...

I NEVER EVER stand under anything where someone can drop something on me.

I would never drop a shopping cart on someone BUT a mountain dew is fair game...

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...