Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finished

I have been looking for a Christmas ornament that I can send out to this group that started this year.  An ornament club.  Well,  it sounded like a good idea and you would be surprised at some of the quality ornaments I have received.  In fact, some very nice home made ornaments.  Umm, well I wasn't going to do that, but I did finally find some great Indian-made stuff that I figured to fit the bill perfectly.

Since I had to buy so many of them, I was able to get them down on the price by a buck each.  I got the bubble envelopes from Walmart, it is done and ready to take to the post office and send out.  A bit late, perhaps, but should be a most people's homes by midweek next week, no biggies.

I witnessed an accident today.  Well, it wasn't really an accident.  In fact, it was pure aggression and road rage as far as I'm concerned.  Now that I think about it, I should have pulled over and told the police what I saw, but I was on the freeway and no way I could stop, in fact, I had to swerve to avoid this nonsense and do some hard braking as well.

I was Westbound on the Superstition Freeway.  The on ramp from Country Club drive is  2 lanes, not 1.  At the "end", you have to merge into the 1 lane if there are cars close to each other.  Merging is exactly what didn't happen today.  To the contrary, in fact, very much to  the contrary.

You see, I was going to get off there - that lane to get on the freeway also goes to get off the freeway.  I noticed out of the corner of my eye some strange movements of the cars and I looked over.  2 cars, side by side, neither of them budging to move out of the other's way in that 2 lane to 1 lane scenario.  The dude closer to me looks at the other dude and out of anger, I guess, SLAMS his car into the other car!  I have never personally witnessed anything like this!!

4 cars behind them pulled over as I was looking at this through my rear view mirror - those cars were sliding all over the place and I was in the next lane over slightly behind them, I was avoiding this garbage at all costs to the point that either stopping or getting past them was the objective: in this case, I got past them.  I was satisfied that they saw the same thing I did and moved on.  IF I had been in a position to pull over behind this crap, I definitely would have.

Well whatever.  Who knows how much of this intentional stuff goes on out here every day.

Whatever the case, I had to vent that.  Get it out of my system.  Unbelievable, really.

Time for bed.

ben

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...