Thursday, December 15, 2011

Standing Rib Roast

Ahhh, the small joys you get here and there.
There is nothing like a chunk of Standing Rib Roast, otherwise known as Prime Rib.
You never see it excepting at Christmas.  Well, maybe they are selling it at Thanksgiving, too.
I mean, yes, you can go into a restaurant and get it - which is all well and good - but to serve it at home?  You are going to pay a LOT of money for that roast!

Considering the price of food and especially meat is going up and up/inflation, I was surprised to see this particular cut of beef on sale at near the same it was last year.  Everything else has gone WAY up.  Just check out the price of a pound of bacon (not to be confused with their gimmicks of giving you 12 ounces and charging the SAME price in some cases as 16 ounces for it!) now and compare what it was a year ago.

Yeah.  This inflation was predicted a while back - like over a year ago and for 2012, if those predictions come true, food is going to cost a lot of money.

The term "double-dip inflation" is coming around a lot more in recent times as well - the prediction that 2012 is not going to be pretty.  Trust in the Lord, that's all I can say.

Busy weekend en-queue.  Rain? Yes, it's supposed to rain this weekend, if so, my activities will be indoors and getting some things I have - simply - put off.

It's nice to know, on a completely different subject, that I can still lift up and carry hundreds of pounds of weight from point A to point B.  That would be at work.  That may sound like a chore to most people, but I don't see it that way at all.  I was lugging this - metal thing I'll call it since a vast majority of people won't know anything about the material that is involved with waterworks - that weighed 200 pounds this morning.

We landed 2 accounts with existing customers -it's all bids, folks, you either win it or you don't - and on both accounts the material is extremely heavy.  I guess I'm going to have to take pics of it.  One item is called a "megalug".  They range in size, but the larger sizes are extremely heavy.  My arms have been muscling up quite nicely in recent - weeks actually.

Whatever, it's bed time and...............................................................time to go to bed!

No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...