Thursday, August 18, 2016

A rather grueling day yesterday.  I knew I had a lot to do, but I didn't realize had that much to do until I started in on everything.  Hindsight being 20-20, should have given myself at least 2 days to deal with all of this. Started at 6:30 am moving out of my bedroom, much more there than I thought. I had been storing up food for any kind of natural disaster or whatever else may come along that deprives us of the basic necessities of life and that  food had been taking up a lot of space.

Well, I have an entire pantry now! HUGE pantry at that.  All of that food is neatly tucked away in there at this point and that's numerous large boxes full of food that I don't have to have in my bedroom now.  That is a big plus.  The lady that was supposed to show up at 8? No show and I got back on my computer and found an email from her from the previous day stating she had some sort of family emergency in Houston and wouldn't be able to make it.

Panic mode, sort of.  Started sending out messages to all the other people that had replied and got a reply back almost immediately from one of them: can't be there right now, but in a couple of hours.  Well, it would have to do. Too much cleaning and moving things around for me to be able to get all of that done in the short time period I had to do it.  He did show up, though, about an hour and a half later and he went straight to work.  Nothing against men, but I had wanted a female person to do the work for I just find that they are the better cleaners and more eye to detail.  He did a great job, though and helped me clean up my room and move out of it and then on to other areas of the house.

And of course, the new tenants showed up way too early.  I told them it would be after noon - at least - before ready to move into my old bedroom, though the master bedroom was vacated and they could move in there.  They kept wanting to take stuff in to my bedroom and I kept saying no, we aren't finished in there yet.  Anyway, I still have stuff laying out in both the dining room and the living room and really dont' care.  I just had too much to do and I didn't have time to sort through all of it.  They will have to deal with that stuff being there until I can get to it, which ain't today because I'm back to work this morning.  In reality, it's just stuff on the dining room table and a corner in the living room with a pile of my stuff in there.

So, my new bedroom.  Well, it's a tad smaller but it's pretty nice actually.  I'm happy I agreed to stay and take over the house.  The biggggg drawback right now is a bathroom that doesn't have a shower, it just has a bathtub.  I don't do baths.  I don't like sitting in bathtubs and it takes too much time.  I am a hopper - hop into the shower, scrub down, hop out, 5 minutes and it's done. You can't even fill up the tub in 5 minutes, can you? Much less  sitting there...well anyway, just not for me.  But, the problm is, it's not set up for a shower.  There is no shower head.  The wall is going to have to be opened up to install one, gag.  Worse, I don't even know where the other side of that wall is, but I think it's the master bedroom closet.  This is a headache that I'm going to have to try to deal with this coming weekend.  Until then, I guess I'll be forced to take baths after work, I just don't have the desire to do that in the morning.

Oh now wait a minute.  Just saw a tub spout that has a divertor to attach a hand shower attachment to.  Yes!  Oh thank God. I don't want to tear out walls and install all that junk and spend all the money.  Good deal, hopefully that old one will come off easy enough and I can just install the diverter setup and walaah, instant shower.

Of course, nothing seems too easy in an old house, such as even turning off the ball valve at the street. We even have the tool to do it with, but that thing wouldn't budge.  I was giving it more and more pressure until I stopped, I was afraid I was going to break it.  We had a hose outlet that was leaking and I wanted to replace it, but you have to shut the water off to the house first.  The city came out and turned it off and yes, it started leaking.  They would have charged us $100 to fix it, too, if we hadn't called them to come out and turn it off.  So now, they have to install a new one and then it will turn on and off easily.

So anyway, there is a lot to do here in the next few weeks not the least of which is to find the drain on the pan for the ac unit and unclog it.  It's leaking everywhere and I have no idea how long it's been doing that.  I mean, the wood flooring is buckling up from the water, they must have known about this? I never came over to this side of the house, this is all news to me.  I'm assuming the drain is clogged and I will attempt to find the pipe, get a small drain snake and clear it out. Unless the pan itself is leaking, this ..... well I don't want to predict an easy fix.  It could be a nightmare for all I know.  Maybe it's why they didn't deal with it, but you can't just have water leaking in your house.

Alright, well off to work.  I am not really looking forward to work today, but then again I never do anymore, not at that place. Just that i would rather be at home and dealing with all of this stuff and getting it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Brownsville, at the America's Best Value Inn.  I really like this place for the price.  Granite top tables and counters, tile floorin...