Sunday, March 25, 2018

So the situation has changed for tomorrow morning. I was to get up, get to the yard get my truck, hook up to trailer and get to the plant by 6 am.  Now, I am doing 2 favors for 2 different drivers.  These people best remember this stuff.  I like whatever precious time I have off and to have to get up at 3:30 am to do a favor for someone is really pushing it for me.  I don't like the first slot and that's that.

But, Marie called me from somewhere in Alabama and asked I could - well it first it sounded like she was asking me to get her trailer loaded too.  I don't think so, I won't be able to get to the yard with the full trailer and back in time for the second appointment.  No, that's not it.  Well what is it? I won't be able to make it in time for the first appointment that I was scheduled for, can you take the first slot for me and get Troy's trailer filled and then I will be there in time for the second slot.

I agreed.  I didn't want to, I hate that first slot.  But after thinking about it, I hate it because it's so freaking early and then you have to drive all day long.  Tomorrow won't be like that. I'll get the trailer filled up, take it back to the yard and then go home and sleep. Or if I'm too tired, I'll sleep in the sleeper for a few hours and then go home. Either way, I don't have to spend the entire day driving.

So, it still sucks but not near as bad as the normal scenario.  I'm a fan of the 3rd slot, but the 2cd slot is better for having a lot of day hours to drive after getting out of the plant.

Anyway, I got quite a bit done today.  And realized that my trailer is out of current registration. So Monday morning, I'll do deal with that. It went out at the end of February.  Cops around these parts are sticklers for getting people on expired plates on trailers.  I could probably get away with it on this move on having to go 2 miles, but why risk it.  The courthouse is a mile away, lol. It's where you pay the taxes for registration.

I have a few other aspirations for today, but that early thing is going to get me, so I may just resign to the idea that I've gotten done what I'm going to get done and that's that.

The logistics of moving 3 separate entities on a couple days time in and out of the same house is rather interesting.























No comments:

 A rep from the local TYM dealer got back to me via email, so we communicated back and forth. They are going to work up quotes for various p...