Thursday, April 26, 2018

Score.
Hooked the trailer up to the Jeep, drove the  65 miles to get the dresser and wow, was it worth the drive!  I was amazed at the quality of it and the fact they weren't asking that much for it. $240.  I imagined the thing was worth at least a grand.  It's absolutely an amazing piece of furniture, I dunno if hand crafted or not but definitely on the higher end of the quality scale. Near perfect condition, a few very minor blemishes that can be covered over with treatment. 

Brought that thing home and then the lady texted me.  It was nice talking to you, you seem like a very nice person. I actually bought that dresser 14 years ago and paid $2,700 for it at the time.  They easily could have gotten $500 for it.  But, they appeared to be well off considering the house they live in and the cars parked in their driveway, an older retired couple.  I was shocked at the price tag, and the fact it was that long ago they paid that much for it. 

What can I say? Sometimes you score things in life, right place at the right time, etc.  I didn't really look all that long for this, either. I just got on Craigslist, scrolled through a bunch of junky looking particle board disasters and then saw this beauty sitting there, calling my name.  The price tag was good.  Note that I did not have a dresser before this.  I was hanging everything in my closet and I really need that closet space for other stuff.  So, in my room and bathroom, i have a brand new toilet, vanity, bed, computer chair and now this wonderful dresser.  The only other thing that i intend on getting now is a large screen TV.  Not a priority, but the prices of these large flat screens have come down substantially. 

Well that's my excitement for today.  I was going to get out and mow the lawn, but I changed my mind.  I figure to rest the rest of the day, I would be surprised if I didn't get a text with a load going out tomorrow.  I've been off 2 days. I would surely love another day off, but the finances don't work out if I do that.  Well, they do, I just don't save anything. 

I get hit with a lot of bills every month, 3 houses worth. But one house more than pays for itself, the second I'm contributing a couple hundred a month in exchange for watching my dogs and this one, I pay all the bills except the mortgage as my monthly rent.  It's a bit high at this house, but it's only temporary.  I figured to give $500 per month for my living quarters plus helping with food and necessities in the house after they both have jobs.

She is working, he went in for another job interview today.  He had no word either way of whether they were going to hire him or not.  A local job, imo, would be far better for him than going OTR.

Well ain't that cozy.  Another trucking company calling me begging me (literally, she sounded desperate) to come work for them. Just another mega-carrier.  They don't pay anything, you aren't home much and your quality of life goes down with both the low pay and in frequent home time. No thanks. 



























No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...